When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Archibald---

fisherman

Full context of Archibald's earlier post:

"Please. Andrew knows the gramtical function of "inverted commas" but he doesn't know the definition of the word "perfect?" I'm perfectly willing to (and do) cut dealers all they slack they could reasonably want, and I wouldn't have gone after andrew if this were an isolated incident (and probably not at all if he hadn't stolen $120 from me) but anyone who's been here more than a month knows he's always calling some watch 99.9% or 1:1 or ultimate or perfect when in fact, not only it isn't any of those things, but even when objectively better versions are available."

Those of us who deal with Andrew simply don't believe this accusation. Not for one minute!

Funny... I have good experience with Andrew. I have a White Explorer2 which arrived 10 days after ordering. It is as good as the whites get. There is no better one around. In fact a friend of mine complimented me on this watch the other day and he owns the genuine. After the compliment I told him it was fake and we were comparing for 15 minutes... He ended up feeling screwed by Rolex :Jumpy:

That made me decide to order 2 more today... The IWC FAJones and the Vintage Explorer2 McQueen. I surely hope you are wrong about Andrew... I let you know if the watches have arrived.... :bleh:

Funny... I have good experience with Andrew. I have a White Explorer2 which arrived 10 days after ordering. It is as good as the whites get. There is no better one around. In fact a friend of mine complimented me on this watch the other day and he owns the genuine. After the compliment I told him it was fake and we were comparing for 15 minutes... He ended up feeling screwed by Rolex :Jumpy:

That made me decide to order 2 more today... The IWC FAJones and the Vintage Explorer2 McQueen. I surely hope you are wrong about Andrew... I let you know if the watches have arrived.... :bleh:

You won't go wrong with Andrew.

Incidentally, I for one don't really care if you have 2 or 2000 posts. I've been on here since the start, and on previous and other incarnations for longer, I just don't post all that often but Andrew I will stand up for, he's looked after me above and beyond the call of duty recently. Call it being a god man, or a good businessman (he'll certainly be getting more business from me) doesn't matter - it's a great quality!

Don't need a lecture, Cucumber. Actually joined today so as not to let Archibald get away with his ridiculous accusation since you "experienced" guys were. Andrew deserves better from all you guys who he has treated very very well. By the way, you want to talk about credibility. Well, like yourself, Archibald appears to be a very "experienced" poster. Doesn't seem to stand in the way of falsehoods. By the way, fishermen use trolling motors to catch fish, not forum members. One doesn't have to be a member very long to simply tell the truth.

Guy's this guy wasn't after Andrew he was after Archie................still way off the mark mind you but there you have it. :brow:

Ken

Kenberg, Just one last question, please. Way off the mark to take up for a trusted dealer when an experienced poster calls him a thief---in print? Surely, I've missed something here! Thanks for the clarification.

Kenberg, Just one last question, please. Way off the mark to take up for a trusted dealer when an experienced poster calls him a thief---in print? Surely, I've missed something here! Thanks for the clarification.

"I've been called worse by better" Sol Star, HBO's Deadwood.

I doubt that calling a dealer a scammer, in one isolated case, is exactly going to get the admins hot under the collar. It's if it becomes repeated, like Nais, that they intervene. If you're expecting Moderator intervention like you want it, you'd better get comfortable, as you could be waiting a while.

Fisherman surely you have missed something, Andrew for all his good dealings is not God, he is a dealer who must deal with the members in the same manner as all the other dealers, if he believes he was slandered then he can post here and say so.

However as you have already noted Archie is a respect member, for a noob to pop up and in some shape or form believe he is calling him out..................well like I said way off the mark.

Ken

Fisherman surely you have missed something, Andrew for all his good dealings is not God, he is a dealer who must deal with the members in the same manner as all the other dealers, if he believes he was slandered then he can post here and say so.

However as you have already noted Archie is a respect member, for a noob to pop up and in some shape or form believe he is calling him out..................well like I said way off the mark.

Ken

Thank you, Ken. Please let me apologize profusely to any that I have offended. As a "noob", I did not realize that a "respected member" could call a dealer a thief without contradiction. Now I understand.

Sorry!

I don't know who you are, Pardner. But perhaps when you respond to this reply, you'll have the balls to do it under your usual user name.

On June 25, 2005 I ordered a watch from andrew for $120.00

Payment Sent

Name:

Andrew XX

Email:

trustywatchguy@gmail.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Amount:

-$120.00 USD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date:

Jun. 25, 2005

Time:

16:04:50 PDT

Completed

Read the following PM exchange backward:

Give me your name in the PAYPAL and also the PAYPAL address...I will refund you...thanks

Andrew

Can't use the colored numbers--please refund at your earliest convenience.

Thanks,

Thanks so very much for the clarification, Arch. Guess the next move is up to old Trusty---Huh?

Since you've called him a thief publicly, no doubt he will respond immediately.

Best regards, Pard

No doubt. Maybe he'll just respond with an immediate, year-late refund. Then we can publicly agree that he is merely an interest-free "borrower." I'm starting to like this inverted commas thing....

Suffice it to say Archibald is a long time and valued member of this forum and one thing he is never is inaccurate. I don't need to verify anything. By the way, I have had nothing but good experiences with Andrew but it is clear that on this transaction he whiffed. Sh_t happens.

Archibald-

I have no internet acccess for a day and I miss all the good stuff.... :lol: