When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Archibald---

fisherman

Fisherman, what's your problem? You seem to be accusing Archibald of lying and slander but on what basis? Just because you think Andrew can do no wrong? I certainly also think that Andrew is a very good dealer and probably as good as anybody here, but everybody who does business makes a mistake, or pulls a slightly fast one, once in a while. Archibald has made a showing that his gripe has a basis, and if Andrew wants to deal with it or address it, he should. In the meantime, you can post 100 times complimenting Andrew in general and every single one of them will be completely irrelevant regarding Archibald's specific dispute.

None of the dealers have provided flawless service or made literally accurate representations 100% of the time. They've all been gypped by customers, sometimes their customers were disappointed in how the deal shook down. This is a dirty business and being a good dealer doesn't make you perfect. I guess it might make you "perfect" or "1:1" with gen dealers or the "ultimate," but not flawless beyond any reproach.

IMO a member who has legitimately had a bad experience has the SAME right to complain as members who have had good experiences have to praise. In fact, IMO a respected longtime member airing a legit dispute is 100X more valuable than effusive posts from a newbie who got the one watch he paid for so far.

I don't know why this is so controversial a concept. If Archibald should somehow be punished as Fisherman suggests, then all the members who kiss dealer or trader ass for no particular reason except to get in good with them should be disciplined if that dealer or trader (and there have been a few over the years) flakes out. Is that viable? Of course not.

Edited by kanerich

I know Archibald at least a little and if he says it happened, it happened. Period.

I too had only good transactions with Andrew and he has always been more than helpful and responsive. But noone is perfect and errors may occur. I am confident that Andrew will rectify the issue now that it has been brought to his attention again.

Well.. well..

Humans make mistakes... I have been working late nights recently and too tired to pore through all these Forum postings.

Archibald.. If I still owe you USD120, why dont you just send me an email instead? USD120 to me is not worth ranting through posts like that. To be honest, many dealings with members here..they know I dont put money on first place. I send them parts they want whenever they ask me and I attend to their requests whenever I can and try my utmost to help..

I had a very very tired day last night designing some new concept watch and so I will not post a long post here.. Archi... email me. You get back USD120 in FULL, no doubts about it.

For the rest, thanks for holding my name up.

Andrew

Andrew, first of all: We both know how this thing works. We both joined about the same time in 2004, you to sell me to buy.

I emailed and PMed many times with no response. I posted--vaguely and politely--publicly with no response. I posted a detailed review with no response. I PMed 6 months later, after you started offering more expensive watches, offering to buy one @ $120 discount with no response. If, now that your surrogate (or your alter-ego) has exploded an accurate comment buried in another thread into a public controversy, you want to refund my money I would welcome that.

I don't think $120 means squat to either of us, Andrew. Principle should.

Fisherman, pard, if you thought you were Andrew's crisis management PR operative, you screwed the pooch---rule #1 in PR is never start yapping till you've quietly gathered all the facts. But since without you I probably never would have seen my $120 again, PM me your paypal addy and I will send you the customary collections fee of 33.3%. :3a:

On a general note. I have no doubt that the majority of andrew's transactions go well. I never said andrew was a scammer or a serial thief. What I said was he took $120 from me and that he has a history of misleading advertising (he was warned against that for the first time back in late 2004). Everyone should weigh the pros and cons of every dealer for themselves.

So that fisherman's thread was not a complete waste of time for new members: The only reason I got my money back was because I save every PM, email, and transaction receipt until a deal has been completed and everyone is happy, even if I have to save [censored] for years. You should do the same.

Well.. well..

Humans make mistakes... I have been working late nights recently and too tired to pore through all these Forum postings.

Archibald.. If I still owe you USD120, why dont you just send me an email instead? USD120 to me is not worth ranting through posts like that. To be honest, many dealings with members here..they know I dont put money on first place. I send them parts they want whenever they ask me and I attend to their requests whenever I can and try my utmost to help..

I had a very very tired day last night designing some new concept watch and so I will not post a long post here.. Archi... email me. You get back USD120 in FULL, no doubts about it.

For the rest, thanks for holding my name up.

Andrew

• 3 weeks later...

Great to see all the recent support for Andrew (Trusty). Hope you've noticed that Arch, and if I may so, Sir, you did not say in an earlier post that Andrew "took" $120 from you. What you said was that Andrew "stole" $120 from you, thereby labeling him a thief on this respected forum. While you certainly did not like the fact that I called you on it, hopefully this matter has now been concluded to your complete satisfaction. I wasn't going to let you get away with implying that a respected dealer is a thief and I'm certainly not going to let you get away with writing that you never said it in the first place. Now that the matter is concluded, using your terminology, perhaps you'll have the "balls" to apologize to Andrew in writing on this board.

"What I said was he took $120 from me" NO! What you said was that the $120

was "stolen" by Andrew.

Interesting thread. Archie and Andrew can work out their issues. Both are honorable men.

I wonder more about fisherman -- I suspect an alias for someone who has a grudge against Archie, but doesn't want somethign this "fishy" to tarnish his primary alias. I wonder who it could be .....

LOL! You're right, "took" was an inacurate term, and I'm sure Andrew appreciates both your pointing that out and for your bumping this thread.

Lets begin with this: I confess I did use the world "steal" AND I used the word "take." I was mistakenly under the impression that they can be used interchangably. But once again, pardie, I have to thank you for pointing out that the word" take" is, in this instance, not nearly as accurate as the world "steal."

I certainly appreciate the correction and I do stand corrected: As the verifiable PM and emails above show, andrew did not take $120 from me. He recieved $120 from me and then refused to send the watch I ordered or refund my money. Then he ignored any of my offers to come to a mutually beneficial compromise. Then he kept my $120

And please let me take the opportunity to thank you again for starting this thread. Without your doing so, I never would have bothered to post the PM and email echanges between andrew and I, which of course Andrew did not dispute and which speak for themselves. I can't help but believe that since andrew previously ignored all reqiests for a refund, while continuing to keep my $120, it was your wise decision to make the issue so visible that he offered me a refund. Thanks! And, believe me, of you will PM me your real name and paypal address I will immediately send you the 33% colections fee I promised to send you for your securing my refund, since you just refused to let andrew get away with ignoring my commets about his business dealings with me as he did before you started this thread. I just can't thank you enough for devoting your entire contribution to this forum to functioning as my personal collection agency! I'll double that payment if you can quote where I denied saying that andrew stole my money.

The least I can do by way of thanks is apologize to andrew for implying that a dealer who recieves his customer's money, does not send a watch or refund, ignores repeated polite requests for a solution, and only offers a refund when the relevent PMs are posted is, in that instance, a thief. Fisherman, you are right again, I should not have impliedanything.

I know you'll be interested, since you deeply interested in my financial well being, hat I have not yet recieved the refund Andrew publicly offered in this thread.

Great to see all the recent support for Andrew (Trusty). Hope you've noticed that Arch, and if I may so, Sir, you did not say in an earlier post that Andrew "took" $120 from you. What you said was that Andrew "stole" $120 from you, thereby labeling him a thief on this respected forum. While you certainly did not like the fact that I called you on it, hopefully this matter has now been concluded to your complete satisfaction. I wasn't going to let you get away with implying that a respected dealer is a thief and I'm certainly not going to let you get away with writing that you never said it in the first place. Now that the matter is concluded, using your terminology, perhaps you'll have the "balls" to apologize to Andrew in writing on this board.

"What I said was he took $120 from me" NO! What you said was that the $120

was "stolen" by Andrew.

Thanks so very much for the clarification, Arch. Guess the next move is up to old Trusty---Huh?

Since you've called him a thief publicly, no doubt he will respond immediately.

Best regards, Pard

Fisherman, first you lambaster Arch for his problem and speaking out honestly...Then you come along with this statement above.?

You have a lot of balls for a "noob" without honestly knowing older valuable members. :bangin: Hopefully next time you will do your homework before you speak...

Just my 2` cts. :whistling:

Fisherman-

You are so wrong you have no idea. You basically are taking an accusatory stance towards one of very few here who are honest to a fault, spend the time and take on significant financial risk with no financial gain to benefit fellow forum members. If you would like to join that group drop a line to Archie or myself. We would be happy to put you down for a thousand or so on the next project. :)

Archibald,

Please email me at: trustytime@gmail.com

=)

Will send you a full refund + interest over the year (5%)

Send me your PAYPAL address over email and I will sort it out. OK? Have a great day..

Andrew

Andrew,

Will do. Now that I know you are reading this thread, I do want to take the opportunity to apologize for posting publicly about what happened before contacting you one more time first. Would you have provided a refund if I had done that? Whatever your answer is, I will take you at your word.

For anyone still reading this thread:What you should take away from it it this:

1)as I stated earlier, the vast majority of andrews transactions go well.

2)What happened between me and andrew happened.

3)andrew will now refund my money.

4)this board is about community--andrew and I are now clear, as far as I'm concerned. My reccomendation: you should not hesitate to buy a watch from him.

fisherman--as much as I enjoy knocking around the softballs your passive agressive, semi-literate, 15w-bulb of a brain seems intent on pitching in my direction, why don't you just give it a rest? Or not. I don't care one way or another.