When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

When Dealer Sends You The Wrong Watch...

ryaku

Holy crap... it pisses me off so much even though i know it could happen.

I got the wrong watch (dial colour is grey instead black), moreover it's a version that doesn't exist in genuine otherwise i would keep it avoiding waste of time and money and above all Customs issues.

Now i ask you..... how much shipping to China will cost to me (and to the dealer, sorry but fifty-fifty is fair considering mistake is not mine)?

have you got any tips?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks lads :)

I got the wrong watch (dial colour is grey instead black), moreover it's a version that doesn't exist in genuine otherwise i would keep it avoiding waste of time and money and above all Customs issues.

Now i ask you..... how much shipping to China will cost to me (and to the dealer, sorry but fifty-fifty is fair considering mistake is not mine)?

have you got any tips?

From the US with registered Air mail to china is approximately $13.50.

//Cheers

have you got any tips?

I don't know who you dealt with, but I wouldn't expect to put out a dime to correct this mistake. The guy I have bought 75% of my reps from would not charge me anything for getting the right watch to me and any outlay of funds from my end for shipping would be credited to my future purchases. That's why I pay a little bit more for my watches, because the customer service there is so good.

From the US with registered Air mail to china is approximately $13.50.

//Cheers

Pretty cheap, it would be grand.

I presume there's no tracking and i don't wanna think about attached invoice and what i have to declare about content (that's what troubles me most).

I don't know who you dealt with, but I wouldn't expect to put out a dime to correct this mistake. The guy I have bought 75% of my reps from would not charge me anything for getting the right watch to me and any outlay of funds from my end for shipping would be credited to my future purchases. That's why I pay a little bit more for my watches, because the customer service there is so good.

Let's see.

Honestly i wouldn't like to charge everything to dealer even though he made mistake although i had written exact model at least 4 times (i'm anal for that, i always repeat everything trying to avoid misunderstandings...).

Thanks both :)

I could suggest to send me the right dial and then fix it by myself ( :unsure: ) but i'm afraid that single parts are hard to find and i wouldn't like to wait months. :huh:

Woa hold the projected scenarios here. Have you contacted the seller and asked him/her what is their best way to rectify the situation. How do you know the dealer won't bend over backwards to get you the right watch at no additional cost???

Woa hold the projected scenarios here. Have you contacted the seller and asked him/her what is their best way to rectify the situation. How do you know the dealer won't bend over backwards to get you the right watch at no additional cost???

Slow down mate. :D

I've just sent sent dealer a message asking for instructions but before i wanted to have your opinions and experiences.

I'm pretty sure dealer will make his best to solve the problem but i want to make things easier and safer.

:)

Perhaps the dealer can find another customer for the wrong watch in your country. With popular models it's easier, faster, and less expensive to ship a watch between indivudals in a country or in the EU, for example, than back and forth to the Far East. A good dealer will help come up with the best solution for you. But it is a shame when you wait for a watch only to find out that the one you wanted will take even longer to get to you.

Perhaps if you mentioned what watch model you are referring to and what country it is in someone will step forward.

Good luck.

Perhaps the dealer can find another customer for the wrong watch in your country. With popular models it's easier, faster, and less expensive to ship a watch between indivudals in a country or in the EU, for example, than back and forth to the Far East. A good dealer will help come up with the best solution for you. But it is a shame when you wait for a watch only to find out that the one you wanted will take even longer to get to you.

Perhaps if you mentioned what watch model you are referring to and what country it is in someone will step forward.

Good luck.

That would be the best solution but the watch i got it's not very popular: it's a 2003 edition of the current omega railmaster (it has seamaster writing instead railmaster).

2892 movement.

Unfortunately dial color is grey and not black and i'm afraid there's no genuine version on that color (but even though there was...i don't like it). :huh:

Ask if you can just hold it for the dealer and ship it to the next person in your country to buy that watch.

Same above, it's not a very popular watch. :huh:

Small Global Priority Flat Rate Envelope - $4.25 (7-12 days Proof of Shipping)

Global Express with tracking ~ $20 (3-7 days Tracking + Proof of delivery)

Usps Global priority seems not to be available for Italy.

Consider that i'm not in NYC but in a small italian town. :huh:

Thanks cwai02 :)

When a dealer sends me the wrong watch, I send him the wrong amount (less money). No, just kiddin' around. It has never happened to me, thank goodness. Waiting for the right watch all over again will cause me to start drinkin' in the morning, everyday, until I get the replacement. Not a good way to go... Best of luck.

How much did the watch cost? You can always give it to a friend. Probably not worth the trouble sending it back.

It costs 175$, good price for a 2892 movement.

I don't wanna sell replica watches to friends of mine cause if problem arise i gotta solve for em and i should justify and explain replicas are not like genuines....bal bla..bla. No thanks. :)

Hi ryaku, sorry to hear about your trouble. Really, troubles always come in unexpected ways: as you know, my concerns were about the movement -- no thought about the dial.

You may look for costs of shipping to China in the Poste Italiane website:

http://www.poste.it/online/pacchi_estero/privati/index.php

http://www.poste.it/postali/pacchi_estero/...nazionale.shtml

It seems as cost can go from as low as about 30 EUR (via EMS to 1st group countries) up to as high as 63 EUR (pacco celere internazionale, 0.5 Kg weight, to Guangzhou).

I was unable to find which EMS country groups is China.

My best wishes.

Hi ryaku, sorry to hear about your trouble. Really, troubles always come in unexpected ways: as you know, my concerns were about the movement -- no thought about the dial.

You may look for costs of shipping to China in the Poste Italiane website:

http://www.poste.it/online/pacchi_estero/privati/index.php

http://www.poste.it/postali/pacchi_estero/...nazionale.shtml

It seems as cost can go from as low as about 30 EUR (via EMS to 1st group countries) up to as high as 63 EUR (pacco celere internazionale, 0.5 Kg weight, to Guangzhou).

I was unable to find which EMS country groups is China.

My best wishes.

Thanks sssurfer. :)

What made me wonder is that not only i repeated several times exact model (i make always every effort to avoid misunderstandingd, i'm paranoid in that), i also attached pics before purchasing, showing the watch i wanted to buy.

No problem anyway, everybody can make mistakes.