When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New band for my black SOH

Newdoc

I need some help.

I got the awful rep croc strap with deployant. Not only is the quality no good, but the deployant is so big it doesnt sit on my wrist right....

Problems:

I can't stand the mesh strap

I don't really want the oceanracer, but I may end up going with it.

I really like some Red12 straps and I may get a new deployant too.

I remember seeing someone had put a PAM ss bracelet on it, and Im considering that.

Helllllllp

• 3 weeks later...

:( No help?.....

I have to get mine replaced; the rep croc is stinking up my wrist and an eyesore as it has worn down a little.

I am prob gonna get a new double deployant, but may not.

Im really looking for something waterproof, understated but still unique. I have considered some of the Panatime straps even, but they are a little too casual.

Might get a black carbon fiber or black calf with red, blue or green stitching. probably won't go for calf or other leather though b/c it could damage with some of the chemicals i work with. I might have to get two...

The rep leather strap and deployment clasp are crap. Terrible deployment..really uncomfortable.

Suggest a Breitling standard buckle, way better, on any nice 24mm strap.

I am still waiting for the OR. But I must say that after seeing the Heritage on the link ss breitling

strap, I am really stoked. Looks great. Where does one find the polished ss link bracelet (rep)?

I think the problem you have with the rep deployment is the problem with deploments in general. Because they are a pretty big piece of rigid steel..they want to sit flat on some part of the wrist. If your wrist isn't the right shape or size, then the watch may shift a bit and not sit centred right on the top of the wrist.

I'm happy with my 22mm Skyland deployment and rep strap. The strap feels a bit rubbery, but is getting better with wear. Tang buckles are probably the most low profile on the wrist and may be the most comfortable, but I love how easy it is to put on the deployment.

Yaron appears to have had a bad OR deployment...but others like Lani seem to have received good ones...so as usual, hit and miss a bit with the rep stuff.

I too like the SS shiny link bracelet on the SOH. You should check out the Links section, and HKTan's gallery for strap ideas. He's had a tonne of skins on various straps, and can make whatever you need.

Very cool, although I'm not a big fan of the diagonal links on all these breitling reps. If there were a square link one like breitling makes in 22mm I might go for that.

I think I'm leaning toward the rep oceanracer, though. It's a little casual, but the black on black is dressy enough for work for me.

I am going to find out how satisfied everyone is with their rep oceanracers now....