When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega - Planet Ocean Chrono

triplehd

I've been looking for a real one of these in the jewelry stores, but no luck so far. :(

There's a good reason for this if you read my linked post ;)

Oh alright then, I'll save you the trouble... :bleh:

"So, in case you didn't know already, the PO chronos will be out late Aug/early Sept (prob later than the reps ), housing a calibre 3313 movement and will retail for £3000 (compared to the £1850 of the regular POs)."

I had a gen on my wrist today (for those in the DC area, head to Montgomery Mall. 2nd floor--you know the store). Everything I expected. Huge. The pushers/bezel/stitching combo is incredible. If you're going to buy a gen, this one's it. IMO, they'll never be able to do a rep that does this one justice--too many little details, that together make the watch what it is, that they'll never be able to put together.

As they say to each his own. I love crono watches. I know it's not the popular sentiment but the quartz dosen't bother me. Even with all the flaws mentioned had I known this was in the pipeline I would have waited a couple of weeks and got this instead of the 4th gen pumpkin from Andrew. I may have to do a quick sale on it and get one of these to try.

Guest samir
shameless plug for some more gen PO chrono info :whistling:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=7183

Movement issues aside, couldn't care less if the subdials spacing is a little off, the AR isn't as strong as it should be, the lugs are 20 not 22mm, there's not a 2.37856mm gap between omega logo and omega text , and the damn He valve is a billimetre too low :rolleyes::bleh:...

...I just wanna see this config :Jumpy: classic manly black with just a hint d'orange, mmmmm :wub:

88299-28922.jpg

The Rep and Authentic side by side for comparison.

Keep in mind that the rep is photographed on an angle, but is the rep hour hand a little too long?

Is the orange colour in the rep really so different from the authentic or is it the lighting?

88675-28804.jpg

Thanks for the comparison pics!

Hour hand length doesn't bother me...a black datewheel, correct markers on the subdials (c'mon guys how difficult is that? :rolleyes: ) and a black bezel-pusher configuration with this orange-markered dial and I wouldn't think twice :whistling::D

The black rubbery/leather deployant strap with orange stitiching would be a bonus :Jumpy:

The Rep and Authentic side by side for comparison.

Keep in mind that the rep is photographed on an angle, but is the rep hour hand a little too long?

Is the orange colour in the rep really so different from the authentic or is it the lighting?

88681-28803.jpg

phew... a lil' different huh?... I actually was spotting so many discrepancies it just looks like a total different watch (and then I start looking for waldo...). Still good for this PO chrono 1.0 or beta