When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Name the watch!

Nanuq

I'll go with the orsa monstrum,,,,,

Ah, close... but I've already got one of those. Good guess with the Seiko, as the Monsters and the old 6309 (and others) have the crown at 4:00 position.

Don't all DOXA watches have the crown at 3:00?

C'mon folks... first person to guess it gets to buy one for me! :tu:

I have been a long time fan of Doxa's and did alot of research about them before picking up a 1000T a while ago, so did I remember that one.

Nanuq send BT your paypal and I will fix him up later :rolleyes:

THIS is why I love this place. :tu:

Okay Bazz, you're the designated Doxa expert now. Tell me what's good and what sucks. It MUST HAVE the orange dial, and black outline hands like the 300T Professional. I see the vintage 600T has a smaller case, but apparently the 1000T fits the wrist better. I really want a domed crystal but the Hesalite went away with the old 250T (tritium). There are slightly domed sapphires out there but I want something lurid and lustful. Keep the Cameron Diaz domes... I want a Raquel Welch. I'd really like to go with the grains-of-rice bracelet but the older folded links are pretty flimsy and this is a tank of a watch.

So..... given all that, which model do I want?

Cheers!

I'm definitely not an expert and sure there are others on the board that are alot more knowledgeable than I am on Doxa's but I used a similar process of elimination.

For me it had to have the orange dial, meaning it had to be from the professional series. Next it must have the rice bead bracelet which ruled out the 5000T leaving the 750T series, 600T series and the 1000T. I thought about a 750T GMT but decided to stick to three hand model plus I already had a GMT diver.

In the end I went with the 1000T due to some comparisons with the 600T not wearing as comfortably, plus the 750T is larger and I am a little over the big watch trend and the 1000T is plenty big enough for me.

The 1000T does have a domed crystal but it is very much Cameron Diaz I am afraid (as is 600T), plus the 750T has a flat crystal from memory.

I agree, the PVD and orange is a killer combination. Strange, because usually I don't like either... PVD or orange dials... but it's perfect for this watch... it's so "Doxa"... just like "Pepsi" is so "Rolex". You know what I mean?

I might get one of these Doxas eventually... love them.

I agree, the PVD and orange is a killer combination. Strange, because usually I don't like either... PVD or orange dials... but it's perfect for this watch... it's so "Doxa"... just like "Pepsi" is so "Rolex". You know what I mean?

I might get one of these Doxas eventually... love them.

Hey get in line buddy ... the next 750T mil pro is MINE! MINE! MINE!!!!!

scuze me, I'm hyperventilating a little here.

I'm not sure about the cushion design, but the more I see that orange/PVD Harold, the more I like it.

You're not thrilled with the cushion case? A few minutes with a grinder and a Sharpie and you're set.

We'll practice with YOUR Harold.

You're not thrilled with the cushion case? A few minutes with a grinder and a Sharpie and you're set.

We'll practice with YOUR Harold.

:D

Yeah, it's growing on me. I can forgive that cushion. :)

ps. You made me get an orange Monster all those years ago. Don't make me start lusting after something unobtainable.

The vintage Doxas are truly part of the history of dive watches. It puts them in the pantheon in my book. The newer doxas are, I'm sure, competent divers, but lack the connections that the original doxas had. To put a finer point on it: Doxa is a marketing company that sells watches. Vintage Doxas were purpose built masters of their environment. That said, I do think most Doxas are attractive watches. One thing I do hate about the newer rice bead bracelet is the faux-articulation: each bead is not independent like the vintage bracelets. A stronger design? Probably. Cheap looking? You bet.

Good luck with your search Nanuq.

Here's the pride of my collection:

doxa-side.jpg

Thanks Fiji ... I'm about to get paid for a big project I've been doing, and I think I smell a Doxa in my future. The only decision left is which one?

The PVD is hot but I can see that getting old quick. A stainless 1000T Pro with the orange dial and black hands is talking to me loudest right now.

:tu: