When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bring This Baby Out Of Retirement

I'm bringing this baby out of retirement. This watch was given to me when I turned 16 years old that was 21 years ago. I think I used it for about 10 years before buying a Gen Rolex 16610. Yes I changed the dial from a Tudor to a Rolex dial shortly after I got the watch. My plan is to source the correct dial and put it back to original. My Dad gave me that watch and I want to give it to my son, he's 14 now so that would give me about a year to use it before I give it to him. If anyone knows where I can source a dial please let me know.

post-814-1152908751_thumb.jpg

post-814-1152908771_thumb.jpg

post-814-1152908792_thumb.jpg

post-814-1152908817_thumb.jpg

post-814-1152908847_thumb.jpg

Edited by monster-rat1

7928?

87042-29222.jpg

Yes it is a 7928 do you know what year that watch came out?

Is that a gilt 5513 dial? Have you thought about just straightening it up and leaving it like that?

Don't know if that is a 5513 dial and I have thought about just straightening it but if yuo take a close look at the dial the paint is coming off and it just need to be redone. That is why I'm looking for the Tudor dial

The 7928 was first introduced in the 50's; the dial of which was the typical gilt dial with the ringed indicies and minute track. Production carried through until the 70's with a dial similar to the one on my old Franken-Tudor, which is what's pictured in my prior thread (this watch now belongs to Robi). For what it's worth, I commissioned my dial to be made from a Singer blank.