When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 187 For £195

MAHLER

I think that is a good rep for good price....

86920-29235.jpg

Genuine reference :

PAM 187 - Luminor Submersible Chrono 1000 Meters (Unique edition of 599 units; $8,500.)

86920-29236.jpg86920-29237.jpg

Specifications

Movement: automatic mechanical, Panerai OP XII calibre, 13¼ lignes, 27 jewels. Monometallic Glucydur® balance making 28,800 alternations/hour. Incabloc® anti-shock device. Power reserve 46 hours. Bridges and oscillating weight personalized PANERAI. Chronometer Certificate (C.O.S.C.).

Functions: hours, minutes, small seconds, date, calculation of immersion time, chronograph with three counters.

Case: diameter 47 mm, brushed steel. Helium valve, screw date corrector and screw push-pieces for the chronograph functions.

Bezel: brushed steel anti-clockwise uni-directional rotating bezel with scale graduated for measuring the duration of immersion and ratchet click at minute intervals. Applied white gold numerals, markers and triangle.

Back: screw, steel.

Device protecting the crown: (registered Trade Mark) brushed steel.

Dial: black with luminous markers and Arabic numerals. Black counters.

Crystal: sapphire, formed of corundum, 5 mm thick. Anti-reflective coating.

Water resistance: 1000 meters.

Strap: PANERAI personalized rubber strap and large size brushed steel buckle. Supplied with a date adjuster/screwdriver and a second interchangeable strap fit for diving.

Replica reference :

86920-29238.jpg

86920-29239.jpg

Specifications

Movement : New Asian Improvement Automatic Chrono 7750b1 - 28800 bph

Black Dial

Functions: hours, minutes, small seconds, date, calculation of immersion time, chronograph with three counters.

Case: diameter 47 mm & 15MM Thick, brushed steel. Helium valve, screw date corrector and screw push-pieces for the chronograph functions.

Bezel: brushed steel anti-clockwise uni-directional rotating bezel with scale graduated for measuring the duration of immersion and ratchet click at minute intervals. Applied white gold numerals, markers and triangle.

Glass : Sapphire Glass with Light A/R Coating

STRAP: Personalized Heavy Duty Rubber Strap

Material: Solid Steel

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...amp;#entry86899

I think that is a good rep for good price....

Hmm ... looking at the first two pics, there's a glaring error. On the Gen, the date says 20 and on the rep, it says 23. I couldn't be doing with a rep that's 3 days fast ... :Jumpy:

/me ducks

Yeah, finally the Zilla is freely available. I don't like it, rep or gen, but I know a lot of you will be happy it's not $1000 any more. :D

I will tell you if there's AR coating on the sapphire or not... Should be the middle of next week. Stand by :)

Sorry can't wait ;) Instead, how about I tell you NOW? :bleh:

Some of the dealers' are claiming "light AR" - and technically I suppose they are not lying - at a very acute angle, you can see a faint lilac coating to the crystal, very slight but there nonetheless.

Unfortunately it is so "light" that for practical purposes (i.e. AR properties) it may as well be non-existant. <_<

Proper AR (MGF2 coating) is what Ken's version and some of my older PAMs came with - and what FinePics and others can offer if it's really a big deal to you.

The correct term of coating in the industry would like to stay away from if possible to much harder than the underlying lens material. Optically capable of now letting in 99% of the available light compared to non-AR lenses that will only let in a maximum of about 92% of the available light.... facts to consider about AR.... Light is a thin film coating of A/R... Hard is a multiple thin film coating of A/R for example 11 or more... Light treatment exists.... but Hard not improve the resistence of film of damage....