When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Would you trust your rep

xlr8tn

Wondering if I should even think about wearing my Navitimer rep thru a round of golf. Or will all the hands be floating on top of the dial at the end of the 18th?

I wouldn't be worried about it ... if the hands come loose because of the g-forces involved ... it was a more than crappy rep to start with.

Except once problems with waterproof of my Tag H Link solved with new gaskets, I never lose hands or anything similar or indexes etc. but all mechanical watches are delicate, can suffer from vibrations or violent shock!!

Edited by MAHLER

I used to wear all my auto watches playing golf, then I read an article on TZ about stress to movements with the forces involved. So now no watch, also the weight will impact your swing or at least thats what I tell myself every time the ball leaves the tee and goes across three fairways. :)

I have worn my gen Datejust for many rounds of golf with no ill effects. In fact, I doubt that the action of the golf swing is as violent (or it shouldn't be) as many seem to think. I have also played many rounds with my reps and have had no issues at all. My current favorite watch for golf is a rep Aqua Terra on an alligator strap. The Tiger Woods Tag has a quartz movement and should work well for golf but, the rubber strap might tend to collect perspiration on some.

I think it's not so much a question of rep or gen - more a question of mechanical or quartz. Just like I don't jog with my harddisk Ipod, I would not wear any of my mechanical automatic watches playing golf, tennis or any other sport that involves high speed arm movement because of the stress it puts on the movement. A good quality watch may survive any of that but aside from the need to "show off", there is no reason not to switch to a Casio for a few hours.

the only reason I wear a watch is that I am used to the extra weight on my left wrist .. without a medium weight watch, the timing on my back swing is off

and my putting stroke is imbalanced.... it may be only psychological ... but the feeling is important to me..

anyway .. back on point .... unless you swing like the Pros and take a huge divet .. the impact or shock is not that great.. should be no problem .. remember though that not all reps are made with consistency.. :D

Not shure about a Navi but I have a Noob that has been an everyday beater for near eight months now. Yesterday I wore it while useing that hand to hold a block of 2x4 to one side of some 4mil plate while beating on the other side with a short handeled sledge. I have worn it chainsawing, spliting wood, while useing hammer drills ect even trailbike rideing and fullbore shooting. I can't break it. Somehow i don't know if a Navi would stand up. When I break this one I may get a 7750 and have a go but rest assured, there tougher than you think.

Col.

I wouldn't be worried about it ... if the hands come loose because of the g-forces involved ... it was a more than crappy rep to start with.

agreed - and an easy fix

I wouldn't worry about the balance wheel either, that's what the shock system is for - I mean, this is just golf we're talking about - not boxing

I generally have a beater that I designate as my golf watch. Right now its a 45mm Silix PO on rubber. I need a strap that I can adjust to either one or two notches larger than I would usually wear it, because my arm expands during the swing, and SS and deployants have the habit of popping open mid swing :(