When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen Pam177K

mwee

Hi,

I was just at an Ad's and was offered a Pam 177K at the price of around US$4520, is that a good price? Would really need and appreciate some advice on this as he will only hold it till tomorrow.

FYI, IWC Ingy with stainless steel bracelet is at around US4,110

Bell and Ross BR01 Limited Edition (Red Dial) is US$3645.

Please let me know asap as I am thinking of getting either one but preferably the Pam! Really would be grateful for any opinions.

Thanks guys!

I was actually there for a long time. Was suppose to be asking about an IWC Ceramic Ingy for a friend. the price was around US$5630 while the Big Pilot when it arrives next month, US$9700. 3717 on SS bracelet is around US$3900. This was a model that not so long ago was selling at full or close to full retail price around here due to popularity. Seems like good prices. I do not know what the discounts are like in the States but here, its like 30% + 5%., can be even better for different models.

she mentioned they use to keep all the historical and base Pam models as they were sold to regulars even before they displayed them, well not anymore! It does seem that the global financial crisis is hitting the watch retailers hard!

I was actually there for a long time. Was suppose to be asking about an IWC Ceramic Ingy for a friend. the price was around US$5630 while the Big Pilot when it arrives next month, US$9700. 3717 on SS bracelet is around US$3900. This was a model that not so long ago was selling at full or close to full retail price around here due to popularity. Seems like good prices. I do not know what the discounts are like in the States but here, its like 30% + 5%., can be even better for different models.

she mentioned they use to keep all the historical and base Pam models as they were sold to regulars even before they displayed them, well not anymore! It does seem that the global financial crisis is hitting the watch retailers hard!

Under normal circumstances you get no discount at all. On my PAM000 I got 5% discount because I payed with a bank transfer not with a cc, as cc companies usually charge the retailers 5% commission on cc payments.

Under normal circumstances you get no discount at all. On my PAM000 I got 5% discount because I payed with a bank transfer not with a cc, as cc companies usually charge the retailers 5% commission on cc payments.

I understand too that Panerai offers litlle or no discount. However, the price list you shown earlier seems to be a bit different from the price I got from the AD. The Pam 112 was after discount, US$4200!

I understand too that Panerai offers litlle or no discount. However, the price list you shown earlier seems to be a bit different from the price I got from the AD. The Pam 112 was after discount, US$4200!

I do not doubt the accuracy of the price lists posted on "risti". The June 2008 price list for example is a scan off a paper a.d's price list provided by the Richmond group (mother corp of Panerai) to a.d's. The 177 was $5800 and the 112 was 4800$. The retail prices of all/most models are jacked up every few months.

http://paneristi.com/reference/pricelists/...April_2008.html

I posted a topic about 5 months ago before purchasing my first PAM, where I could get the best deal on a BNIB PAM in Europe, the answer was no where, list price with a free strap is the best deal you could possibly hope for was the conlusion.

I have no clue how you a.d. can permit to sell well under retail. I have read is that it is expected that the luxury industry is going to get hit hard by the current economical situation. Just a wild guess but, maybe they are offloading as many pieces as possible to bulk up there financial buffers for the expected bad days to come? Who knows, but if you are happy with the piece and the price I would not ask to many questions...

That is a GREAT price, I would jump all over that. The pricing for an IWC Big Pilot for $9700 is a steal also from an AD, BP in California is running $13,000. Where are you located, these prices are amazing for AD offerings.

I do not doubt the accuracy of the price lists posted on "risti". The June 2008 price list for example is a scan off a paper a.d's price list provided by the Richmond group (mother corp of Panerai) to a.d's. The 177 was $5800 and the 112 was 4800$. The retail prices of all/most models are jacked up every few months.

I posted a topic about 5 months ago before purchasing my first PAM, where I could get the best deal on a BNIB PAM in Europe, the answer was no where, list price with a free strap is the best deal you could possibly hope for was the conlusion.

I have no clue how you a.d. can permit to sell well under retail. I have read is that it is expected that the luxury industry is going to get hit hard by the current economical situation. Just a wild guess but, maybe they are offloading as many pieces as possible to bulk up there financial buffers for the expected bad days to come? Who knows, but if you are happy with the piece and the price I would not ask to many questions...

Hi. Please dont misunderstand. I do notdoubt the authencity of your price list. Like you, I am just curious about the differences in prices. One thing I do know however, is that ADs in Asia generally are willing to offer more discounts than ADs in Europe. Watches like Gerald Genta, Gerard Piregeaux, Corum have always had very good discounts, at least 30% off, sometimes even 40%. There were a couple of times when I was offered Corum Admiral Cup like nearly 50%!

Like you said, as long as its authentic watch and comes from authorised AD, I am happy and would just buy the watch.

I am really trying to see if I can also afford the Big Pilot as well. (Doubt it)

Thanks for all your advice and opinions!

That is a GREAT price, I would jump all over that. The pricing for an IWC Big Pilot for $9700 is a steal also from an AD, BP in California is running $13,000. Where are you located, these prices are amazing for AD offerings.

Located in Singapore. I go to the same shop to buy watches. she know I like IWC and again, maybe of the curretn economic situation, was willing to offer the BP at a very good discount when it comes in November.

As shes explained, she had a couple of BPs a couple of months agao and it took them a long time to sell them. First time she experienced that as BP normally sell out really quickly!

Congrats. Enjoy it. Your seller is offering excellent prices on everything you mentioned. Perhaps a combination of a weakening global economy and a strengthening US dollar will help all us dollar based buyers (who still have money). I do know anecdotally of a friend who is buying a certain hot new model and he was initially quoted 5-6 months minimum wait and he jus heard back from the AD that he will get it in 5-6 weeks.

As mentioned, picture of my new Pam 177. Love it! for this, I have to blame V :D

I have bought a couple of straps from him and have yet to try them on! Been waiting and waiting for my rep Pams and its so ironic that I actaully got the gen first! Well, I hope to also finish my other 2 Pam projects before Christmas and then will probably look for V to buy more straps! Well, here it is, my first pam (rep or gen) in 2 years!

P1000058.jpg

P1000060.jpg

P1000062.jpg

Now all I need is to just figure out how to get the money to get the 3717(2 weeks) and also the BP (end November) and I will be in heaven!

Thanks for all the advice!