When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam111h Problem

lovepanerai

I was just wondering if anybody has noticed that the replica makers once again made a step back on the latest dial print (L Swiss Made L) on the 111H's and by the way it doesn't matter from which dealer you buy since they all will eventually ship you the same crappy dial. As pictures from this board proof the previous batch had the correctly positioned L SWISS MADE L on it see pictures below. Be carefull when you order a 111H and have the dealer confirm that you are getting the one with the correctly positioned L SWISS.....

Correct (from a post in the pic gallery):

87089-29210.jpg

Incorrect (look at the spacing and position of the L SWISS MADE L in relation to the 6)

87089-29211.jpg

Edited by lovepanerai

I've posted on this issue before and my dealer attempted to resolve for me. Since that time I've ordered new hands and a dial from Davidsen to get better lume!

What can I say? Contact your dealer first. If that doesn't work out thankfully we have Davidsen around!

Cheers,

Jon :victory:

Yep - I noticed the "L SWISS MADE L" on my 111 was high and touching the 6. I asked Josh for a new dial and in a matter of a few days, no questions asked, I had a new dial at my doorstep. ALLRIGHT - I thought, I anxiously opened the package and what did I find? The same damn dial! Oh well, at least the lettering is centered. I decided that I could live with the look of $3,000.00 watch that only cost me $250.00.

It's kind of a strange world when we start to expect the rep to be exact as a gen...

I was just wondering if anybody has noticed that the replica makers once again made a step back on the latest dial print (L Swiss Made L) on the 111H's and by the way it doesn't matter from which dealer you buy since they all will eventually ship you the same crappy dial.

Latest? My Silix 111h is like that. I noticed and failed to be that bothered.

after all the progress that has been made this is one of the biggest screw ups that the replica makers made - bugs the hell out of me everytime I look at the watch it screams cheapo fake - not so much the lettering being close to the 6 but the miss-alignment

LUVPAN - I am with you on the fact that every time I look at the watch it bugs me, but I have to tell you, I live in So. Cal and within just a few miles of my house there are at least five Panerai dealers. I also have numerous friends that collect watches and each owns more than a few gen Panerais. When I put my 111 up next to these gen's, for whatever it is worth, no body, and I mean not one time, has any one ever noticed the font being off below the 6.

I think you are probably somewhat of a perfectionist, like myself, who enjoys researching for the knowledge and we have become products of the microscopic nit picking that goes on at these rep boards.

Don't focus on such a small detail and enjoy your watch, after all, it is and will always be - a REP!

Here is a picture of my 111

87515-29079.jpg

When I put my 111 up next to these gen's, for whatever it is worth, no body, and I mean not one time, has any one ever noticed the font being off below the 6.

If no-one has ever commented on my 111h having an off-centre Swiss Made, and let's face it, it has been the subject of one or two photos, then it's not a big deal.

87517-29078.jpg

Jake48 - I agree with you as far as it will always only be a rep, however the fact that there are versions out there where the alignment is perfect is what made me write that post. I have spent a couple of thousand dollars so far on reps and I will continue to do so, aware of the undeniable fact that they will always be reps......

@Star hope you don't mind that I used your picture - I just wish my recently recived 111H had that dial....

It was my picture you used in the second photo, I don't mind either, but honestly until this post I didn't realize that the L Swiss L should be lower. Now I have you to thank for drawing my attention to it :D Seriously though, I don't really care, it's a nice watch, I've been weearing it soley for over a week and I realize these are reps and that's all, if I wanted perfection I'd go and spend major cash for the real deal. But I do understand your point.

Edited by Steve G

That would bug the [censored] out of me which, of course, means I've gone insane. Back when i had all of my marbles, days I would have told myself that 99% of the .0001% of the planet's population who know that Panerai is not some kind psuedo-italian sandwich would notice the still-shitty-after-10-versions crown guard before they notice the L swiss L.

archibald - I know what you mean, about the marbles :-) same here

The crown guard and the crown are known facts and I think they are not that obvious unless you have a genuine right next to it or you inspect photos of it - I just checked out the real thing at Shreeves & Co in SF. A crocked dial print however is something that even somebody who doesn't know Panerai would notice, that however still doesn't bug me, what does is that I am noticing it and that it is the first time that I have seen that flaw - my over 2 year old PAM111 and 118 don't have it....

My 112h appears to have the same fault - and you know what, I had never noticed it before! And what's more, I don't care. It's a beautiful watch, nothing will make me change my mind (which doesn't of course mean that I won't buy any more!!).

My 112h appears to have the same fault - and you know what, I had never noticed it before! And what's more, I don't care.

I agree. No-one would really notice unless you'd already given them reason to suspect its a rep.

If you want to be really shocked about your skills of observation, turn your H model over and look at how the OFFICINE PANERAI text droops down to the bottom right. Now you have something new to bug you. :D

If you want to be really shocked about your skills of observation, turn your H model over and look at how the OFFICINE PANERAI text droops down to the bottom right. Now you have something new to bug you. :D

As Catherine Tate would say ......

"Am I bovvered?"

NO!!!

Apols for those outside the uk who don't know Catherine Tate - very funny comedienne....