When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG1: probably replacing my car

greg_r

it's a new satin paint - spun off from the flat black trend I've been seeing more often

I seen it in real life - nice - my gf was like, wow, what's that! with matching rims to boot

it's doesn't reflect any image but still has a shine to it - no matter if you like it - if chicks like it, it's can't be that bad

Interesting - I hadn't seen that finish before. Looks fabulous.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should check this one out, I am thinking about getting it repainted with that new satin black finish...

CitroenAX.jpg

hehe - then all you'll need are the chrome rims and we're back at McDonald's car park at midnight :D

You wouldn't believe how popular small Citroens are with the custom crowd over here....

Greg, did you buy a car?

As one wise said - Pics, or it never happened!

lol - no. Not yet. Pay attention at the back ;)

I've had the AMG on loan for the weekend - goes back this morning and I'm reduced to driving a crappy courtesy car until the insurance company make up their mind to write off the one with the tree in it.... I'm hoping it'll be this week.

Meantime I know _where_ I'm buying the replacement and also know that it's going to be an E-class. Whether I go the whole hog and buy the AMG is yet to be decided.

Replacing Aston Martin to Beemer is the same as replacing asian girl to white one.

Yukksss...

1. Your frequent comments about asian vs. white girls border on racist and are more than a little offensive. Quit it.

2. Replacing an Aston that I loved but was causing me no end of problems and costing a fortune to keep on the road with a BMW M635csi was certainly a tough decision, and one that I hated making, but it at least allowed me to drive where I wanted to when I wanted to without having a mechanic living in the passenger seat. Ultimately, whatever the car, it is simply transportation, and if it doesn't run reliably, it's not serving any purpose at all. I might also point out that the M635 was still a great car, just not quite in the stratospheric league of the Aston...

Dunno, an Aston never won Bathurst did it? M635 did. The two most amazing wins of the great race were the big Beemer and the XJS. Two big, heavy coups that should NEVER have had a chance in hell on the mountain.

Col.

ROFLMAO@Col's sig.....

For what it's worth, while I had the M635 I once had a bit of a burn-out with a Lamborghini Countach in Germany - I was expecting to be slaughtered, but I managed - mostly - to keep up with him all the way to 100-ish (at which point I started running out of acceleration whilst the Countach went on afterburner and headed for the horizon at an alarming rate, but that's to be expected). Not too shabby for a relatively heavy coupe... It was a seriously quick piece of machinery. I somehow doubt I'd have fared so well in the Aston (would probably have had to get it serviced half way through.... :rolleyes: )

A friend/client had a series of XJS - eventually winding up with a V12. Great car, but boy did they need a lot of attention. Almost as bad as the Aston. Jags really weren't at all well built back in those days.

Oh, you want power. How about this:

DavesHotRod-1.jpg

Nice - always liked the Camaro. Wouldn't necessarily want to own one, but nice all the same. My wife used to have a '67 Mustang fastback (I forget which version now - it was before we were married, but it looked like the one in Bullitt), which was also a thing of beauty.