When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG1: probably replacing my car

greg_r

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Funny stuff.

Uhhh that's an E38. And certainly a different beast (smaller differential rear, etc) than E31. It's all about torque not HP :) Your E24 M/// CSi would've been a good example of what fast was all about in the 80s.

Sorry - it was your 'fire breathing' comment that just hit my funny bone - couldn't resist :D

I agree with you btw - I dunno where the idea came from that BMWs had no torque... :rolleyes: (not that I'm a big Beemer fan btw - as you'll see if you've read the thread).

No decent torque? It's the torque that makes the stock E31 a fire-breathing autobahn cruising monster.

Remove the USA-spec limiter and, well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUSmr8DvZEM

the Cessna 172R I fly could start to fall apart at that speed :D

fastest I've been was 244km/h (300zx) - that is freaky fast breaking 300km/h and passing traffic as if it was parked

YOU WANT FIRE BREATHING???!!!

Damn, I remember when some of those were new cars. I made a deal on a red 1970 Dodge Charger 440 6 pack, $2500 and my 1964 Oldsmobile Starfire in trade. I backed out at the last minute and sold my car for $1200, and bought a 1965 Corvette Roadster, 327/300 hp, 4 spd with road pipes and two tops for $1500. Loved that car. Wish I had it now.

Nice goat John, very nice. The Carger ain't bad either.

Yes Alpha, somehow I think 300 is a little beond VNE for a 172. Beond what it could achive in a vertical dive I suspect. It'd break up first :-)

Col.

Col. did I miss the part when you told us you were a pilot? uttering VNE must be proof of that B)

actually the 172 Vne is about 308km/hr or so

I'm a qualified Load Master not a pilot tho I can fly and have ground taxi permits for most heavy props. Been a long time since I'v been in a Cessna tho.

Last Cessna I flew accoeding to my logs was a Bird Dog in '98.

Col.

ah, very interesting - I guess you would know all the Vne's for many aircraft. Bird Dog is a tandem 2 seater right?

ah, very interesting - I guess you would know all the Vne's for many aircraft. Bird Dog is a tandem 2 seater right?

Ya, its printed on the little dymo label on the dash above the ASI :-)

BD is indeed a little 2 seater. Mill version of the 150 (sort of) with a few extra horses and more wing and flap area enableing lower stall speed plus a perspex floor between your legs. That one was VH-KMQ now long gone, I hope! Log remarks on dash nearly falling out and stuck fuel drain requiring attn during preflight. I used to carry a tin of 2 and 4 BA screws around in for years. A habit picked up from DC-3 days.

Col.

I'm a qualified Load Master

LOL, that is what I chant to myself as I sit on the toilet each morning... "I am the Load Master, I am the Load Master..."

Hey John. When the containers arrive here's how NOT to do it.

Col.

Actually, that is kind of cool, in a weird way...

• 2 weeks later...

Well f.uck.

Just had an email from the company's insurers - they are refusing to pay the claim on my car (the one that was hit by the tree). Sods.

This means I have to start again with my own insurance company - and I can see legal action against the company's insurers happening down the line, as there IS liability there (and there are other vehicles involved - including an agricultural vehicle owned by the company).

Gawd knows how long this is going to drag on - I'm seriously considering just buying a replacement now and arguing about it later. I'll make up my mind when I've calmed down a bit.

In the meantime, I think a beer or five is called for, so I'm heading off to the pub fairly shortly :drinks:

This can only mean one thing:

God wants you to buy a Twingo

Gawd - reminds me of the first courtesy car I was loaned after the 'incident'. It was far from being a courtesy - more of a 'sullen insolence' car. Looked like something a smurf would drive. Felt like driving a shopping trolley with one missing wheel.