When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PT/WM9 Submariner received but...

Boutchou69

Hi,

I ordered PT's Submariner "supreme edition", the same as By-Tor's (non engraved version, flat S...), my very first one. Payed on sunday, in my letterbox on wednesday. That's fast !

But I am somewhat doubtful. Maybe someone can help the noob I am.

1) I expected to see "16610" on the case, but "11610" is written. I have no idea what are the differences between the two in the first place... Guys ?

2) the rotor's noise sounds cheap (keep in mind I'm a noob, maybe that's the way it's supposed to sound). I guess a bit of lub on the rotor axis should help making a "smoother", less "metallic" noise. Alas, I don't even have the tool to open the case.

3) date is changing at 11:39. A cheap repair once again, but even if I had the tools, I don't have the skills to do it. And I don't know any rep-friendly watchmaker. Come on, how could they build these beauties and make these mistakes ? I guess that's why Eurotimez mentions the checking in his QC policy.

4) clasp is tight as hell. But a fellow rwg member advised me to use a bit of WD-40 on it. Must buy it first :)

I guess neither 2) nor 3) justifies a claim to PT (unless you have a different opinion). Stephane is kindly inspecting the watch for me next week, but any help or remark from the community is gladly welcomed.

Indeed Eurotimez QC would have found the Date change issue.

The noisy rotor is if you ask me a PT issue, provided the noice is realy out of spec.

True ETA movement are sometimes very loud but let Stephane check to movement and post some pics if the movement.

To be honest i'm not an expert but a good friend of who repairs all my watches identified a few

With regard to the model number issue-

11610 vs. 16610- I'm assuming you are seeing this on the sticker?

If so... It's a non-issue in my opinion. Since the sticker is likely to deteriorate over time anyways, just peel it off. It serves no purpose and isn't anything close to how a gen hologram looks anyways.

The engraving between the lugs should reflect the correct 16610 ref.

Send it to me!!!!.... i don care about these litle "mistakes"!!!

xexe!

Enjoy your new watch!!

It spoils the fun. Bad rotor noise makes me doubt about the Swisss ETA 2836-2, and date changing at the wrong time is a bit annoying since it's a silly flaw that could have been avoided. If I can check the first thing and correct the second, no doubt I'll fall in love with this watch.

Maybe I should send you this one I have here? For some reason the date changes at 11:59 in the morning and not at 11:59 at night?

:lol:

O boy, throw it with the garbages :p

• 1 month later...

So was it a Gen Swiss ETA 2836-2?

What was the score with the noisy rotor as I'm having the same issues with my Euromariner v3 bud, my 2836-2 sounds very rattly and loose, I guess this is normal ?

Some say its mean to be very quiet, others say its noisy by nature!?

The difficulty to answer your question about noise is that we can't hear your movement :) and everything is very relative... my MBW 16610 has a true ETA 2836-2, serviced, and if I shake it while in my wrist or having the bracelet installed, it sounds like hell. If I take out the bracelet, then the sound is only due to the rotor, but believe me, it is noisy specially if I put the case next to my ear. But in the normal use of the watch (in my wrist while I'm out home) I don't hear anything... Maybe you can record the noise and attach a wave file to check ;)