When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

End of Week Wristcheck

RobbieG

You having Rob do the lume? Did you double AR the crystal as well? Assuming so, the UPO is basically as good as the gen IMO. And for me, rubber is the only way to wear the 45.5MM really - unless you are a very large guy. That watch wears SO much bigger on the steel than it does on the rubber for some reason. Likewise, my 42MM wears smaller on the rubber and larger on the steel and very noticably so I might add.

Nice PO Robbi. Got a Rubber for my 45MM and can't wait to wear it once The Zigmeister is done with it.

I'm wearing my 001A for Saturday on MP5

You having Rob do the lume? Did you double AR the crystal as well? Assuming so, the UPO is basically as good as the gen IMO. And for me, rubber is the only way to wear the 45.5MM really - unless you are a very large guy. That watch wears SO much bigger on the steel than it does on the rubber for some reason. Likewise, my 42MM wears smaller on the rubber and larger on the steel and very noticably so I might add.

Yes, Dial lume, logo transplant, gen hands, crown, he valve. Crystal was just done in Chief's last run.

Agree, like my 42MM on Steel and 45mm on Rubber..

Wow. You are going the whole way then. Cool. How much you figure you will have into it all told when done? I wonder what you ended up saving by not getting the gen all in in percentage terms from a typical street price of $2500 or so for the gen. Certainly less than half for sure. And yet when you are done it will be every bit as nice as the gen for sure.

Yes, Dial lume, logo transplant, gen hands, crown, he valve. Crystal was just done in Chief's last run.

Agree, like my 42MM on Steel and 45mm on Rubber..

One potential leak, two strip downs and one extended drying session later, I'm still wearing my 210 ^_^

DSCN0258.jpg

Turns out it was just a case of the caseback wasn't screwed down quite enough the first time, and the second time, I hadn't let the movement dry thoroughly, but, it's all good now :) I'll be wearing it for at least the rest of the weekend for it's 'shakedown cruise', and likely quite a bit afterwards ^_^