When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Tudor 7016/0 just arrived pics and description....

Justasgood

Well, I just got my Tudor 7016/0..........all I can say is........Ha! That's right Ha!

I am convinced the only Genuine article on or in the watch are a few screws and the winding plate. The base plates and the winding rotor all look to be copies based on the silver-ish appearance and sharp, newly milled edges. I could be wrong.

That being said, the case, back and bezel assembly were worth the price for admission. The dial ain't bad either. My Gen spring bars nestled right in snug and tight. My T-39 gen crystal seated quite nicely as well. The Crystal retention ring could have been a bit snugger but it is doing it's job.

All in all, I would say this watch would be a great value at $400 - $500.

The movement winds and sets nicely and has been spot on for the last 3-4 hours.

Now for the Ha! The movement had 1 movement holder and it's screw was rattling around inside the case. I fixed that and promptly installed another. Dirt and lint were everywhere. And there was just gallons of some lube/silicon under the retention ring.

Now all cleaned up and ticking along on my wrist. Here are some Non-Pug/Ubi/anyone else who takes great photo.....Pics....enjoy

022.jpg

025.jpg

028.jpg

Other pics including movement pics to follow (all were out of focus) :angry:

Movement:

032.jpg

031.jpg

029.jpg

Well, I just got my Tudor 7016/0..........all I can say is........Ha! That's right Ha!

I am convinced the only Genuine article on or in the watch are a few screws and the winding plate. The base plates and the winding rotor all look to be copies based on the silver-ish appearance and sharp, newly milled edges. I could be wrong.

029.jpg

Glad to hear your Tudor is functioning well (after the clean up) & while your movement is different (& appears to be newer) than mine............

tudor70160011.jpg

...............I would not be too quick to write-off those differences as conclusive evidence of fakery or even as a bad thing. Of course, either is possible when you are dealing with a watch that lacks a reliable provenance. But I believe these Rolex modded 2483 movements were being made up until about 2000 or so & have been used in a number of different Tudors (including some recent models), so I would expect to see some variation in a movement that has been in use for 20+ years. I also think, based on what we have seen so far, that all (or many) of the movements were 'pulls' from other (less popular) Tudor watches. Because of that, I really do not think they are newly made Asian copies. But, as was the case when questions began to arise about potential Asian ETA copies, unless you take the movement apart & compare the individual components to a known gen, you cannot be sure.

Freddy,

All good points and to be sure, it is keeping great time. I am pretty sure the crown is gen.

I'll know shortly if a Gen tube threads in as is.......

Between the fact that the tube lacks an external gasket (I have not removed the stem yet) & the relief on the face of the crown looks slightly different than the coronet on any of my gen Triplocks, I am pretty sure the crowns are aftermarket parts. But, on the other hand, this is the 1st aftermarket Triplock that almost had me fooled (gen on left, aftermarket on right)

Image61.jpg

@Freddy, what case is that on the left in your photo? Daaaaaaannnnggg!!!! :notworthy:

This has actually been very informative for me, in a painful sort of way. I've got the serious hots for Doxa recently, and they use ETA movements too. But have no fear, as they are "assembled in Switzerland".

The watch I've got in my sights will cost me more than the last Rolex 1675 I bought. Is there ANY way to justify that, knowing the ebauche is ETA?

No.

There, I said it. Will I buy it anyway?

Yes.

One simply cannot trust arguments like this when it comes to love and lust. :wub:

@Freddy, what case is that on the left in your photo? Daaaaaaannnnggg!!!! :notworthy:

This has actually been very informative for me, in a painful sort of way. I've got the serious hots for Doxa recently, and they use ETA movements too. But have no fear, as they are "assembled in Switzerland".

The watch I've got in my sights will cost me more than the last Rolex 1675 I bought. Is there ANY way to justify that, knowing the ebauche is ETA?

No.

There, I said it. Will I buy it anyway?

Yes.

One simply cannot trust arguments like this when it comes to love and lust. :wub:

Ah, the old 'How can I spend that much for an ETA-powered watch?' dilemma..........

I think you just have to come to terms with the fact that we (watch collectors) are like hedge fund managers - value is based on perception, not reality. If you concentrate on appearance & ignore the facts, you can spend without guilt.........well, without too much guilt. And the Doxa really IS a nice watch.

The case on the left is my trusty old beater

motorcycleadventure028bw1.jpg

1665caseback0081.jpg