When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TopGun Ceramic

fullex

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a fantasy piece. If you are ok with that, then go right ahead. Unless you are on watchforums all day no one would be able to tell.

Are you sure you don't mean this version that is PVD black and don't have the fighter at the dial? I hope this is a new and more accurate version.

top-gun-1.jpg

The big trouble is that it's got the silly "Top Gun" written on the side :lol: Different strokes for different folks, but "Top Gun" is kinda, well, a man's man kinda thing unless you're a pilot :D Just my opinion and who cares what I think. But it makes me laugh though. I kinda wonder what the hell IWC was thinking when they made a Top Gun special edition.

I really like this watch, original version is also 44mm. But what I really like about the original version is the matte look of the ceramic case.

This replica could have been so much better when it would be matte. I hope there will be an updated version soon.

wroooong.

check your facts before you talk.

Its 46mm top gun edition from iwc.

You are both right. There are two versions of the TOPGUN . One with double chronograph and two dials with fighters (46mm), and a 44mm with only fighter on one dial, which this one replicates.

post-16676-1224625605_thumb.jpg

The big trouble is that it's got the silly "Top Gun" written on the side :lol: Different strokes for different folks, but "Top Gun" is kinda, well, a man's man kinda thing unless you're a pilot :D Just my opinion and who cares what I think. But it makes me laugh though. I kinda wonder what the hell IWC was thinking when they made a Top Gun special edition.

I get my ATPL this spring. But will be flying airliners. Looking for a nice pilot watch until I can afford a gen. Isn't directly cheap to become a pilot.

Edited by fullex

You are both right. There are two versions of the TOPGUN . One with double chronograph and two dials with fighters (46mm), and a 44mm with only fighter on one dial, which this one replicates.

post-16676-1224625605_thumb.jpg

I get my ATPL this spring. But will be flying airliners. Looking for a nice pilot watch until I can afford a gen. Isn't directly cheap to become a pilot.

my bad i tought we where talking about the last one they had out whit button at 23:00

i see now this is new from scratch and 44mm not 42mm.

This rep makers can get your head spinning.

Still not right looks a lot beter than the old version. The old version was closer to the IWC pilot with a top gun logo on back. Looks to shiny tho or has the gen changed?

Fullex: try THIS its even a gen for the price of a rep. Accurate slide rules and all if you don't mind quartz. There's a few nice flight watches on there under 300 or so , all gens.

Regards,

Col.

I like the watch and I would have bought it.....unfortunately there is nothing you can do to make the shiny case into a matte surface....ceramic is hard to work on!

The TOP GUN logo is done bad....laser edged rather than deeply engraved as it should be.....well engraving is much more pricy.

DO THE WATCH IN MATTE BLACK AND I AM IN!

Theo

I tried the gen on yesterday at the Mont Blanc store. It is a good looking watch, yet it is interesting how lightweight the ceramic watches feel.

• 2 weeks later...

Certainly no double chrono in the rep world, but the 44mm size is the same as the standard "single" top gun chrono. I'm sure the ceramic finish will be nothing like the real thing when side by side either but who's going to notice!

I have a standard 3717 and I've always liked it, but at 42mm it always felt a bit small. 44 would do it for me IF it was good quality. Very tempted I must say.

Also waiting on the Ultimate Deepsea - another big watch. Again I've tried the gen and it certainly wears bigger than the dimensions would suggest, whereas the 46mm Top Gun double was huge! It is over 2mm thicker and the sime diameter as a BP!!