When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Falling in love all over...

Bazz

I have not worn this one for ages and chucked it on today for the first time in about 2-3 months and forgot how nice it is.

I finished this project about 3 years ago and threw on gen insert, crystal, crown tube, shaped CG and drilled holes.

Here some pics which I am sure most of you have seen too many times before but I am going to post 'em anyhow! :wub:

1665web-1.jpg

IMG_3991.jpg

subs3.jpg

IMG_0937copy.jpg

IMG_1104copy.jpg

IMG_3359800.jpg

IMG_3348_1_1_1.jpg

wallpaper-1024-768-1.jpg

Fell out of love; I do this all the time with my watches.

Main reason why I chose reps, if I had one or two gens they would probably just sit in the box after a while.

Gotta have variety but it's hard to imagine losing too much interest in that one Bazz.

Now where's that watch box?

I keep asking this question so forgive me.....is there anyone in the states that would be willing to drill the lug holes of my 1665 and 1680 to proper size? I already had installed Clark crystals in both and am waiting on better inserts. Bk has told me he can do the CG....all I now need are the lug holes drilled and I then will have the MAJOR cosmetic issues of these watches overcome. Just want to be sure that when they are done the end links will sit nice and perfect against the case and inbetween the lugs like they are now.

Great watch Bazz.

I love the GEN crystal that sticks out just a little further as the Clark copy.

Sensational pictures !!

I can imagine how you fell il love again with the 1665.

I my country we have a famous red light district so i fell in love with a RED 1665 .

Carpe Diem

Cats

Thanks guys :)

I am glad was able to get all the parts at the time I did before the prices exploded and even apart from that it is getting a lot harder to source them (anyone seen a insert lately?) I will also change the movement to a slow beat but I am in no hurry.

@ Perry563, although I performed all the work myself I have never worked on anyone's pieces except my own and would never do so sorry, anyway I am not in the US.

Now maybe I should stick the super dome back in! :rolleyes:

Wow, beautiful pictures as usual Bazz.

Good to see you back posting my friend!!!!

And I agree, if I had to choose a vintage MBW, this would be my pick as well. Such a beauty.