When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TrustyTime's 488USD Rolex Submariner

Guest Dr.TuB

Its a well constructed watch. However it has faults as compared with the genuine Submariner..some of which can be fixed while others cant.

1) Cyclops to far to the right. It can be removed by someone who knows what they are doing and then better centered.

2) Crown too large. This can also be removed and replaced with a smaller crown although the tube will also need to be changed.

3) Crappy pearl. This can be popped out and a better one inserted. At the same time the insert should be recessed if needed.

4) CG wrong shape and it looks like cut too short. May or may not be fixable. CG should be a little pointy rather than cut flat on top.

5) Rehaut not straight and too deep....Wokky. Biggest flaw and cant be fixed.

6) Rehaut too thin...Big flaw and cant be fixed.

The good news is that 95% of all people you meet will never be able to tell the difference. The watch is very well constructed and very few will ever call it out as fake. Its got the "feel" of a high price watch...not at cheap rep that most would expect.

If you are looking for a top rung sub that has none of these defects then wait another month or so and BK will be selling the WM9 sub in its latest version and fully modded. Cost will be 500-550 but it will be the last Sub rep you will ever buy.

Hi Dr. Tub,

I bought a lot of watches from Andrew, he is very responsive and a good dealer.

I believe that if you talk to him telling that you disliked the watch and like to exchange by another watches he will do it to you.

I have some watches from him, and if you like Rolexes go for the GMTIIC with incorrect hand stack (more reliable movement).

http://www.tt88time.com/index.php?main_pag...roducts_id=2946

And a Big Pilot

http://www.tt88time.com/index.php?main_pag...roducts_id=3247

Or a 100 dollars sub, or the Chopard GTXL asian movement.

I own all of them and they are very fine.

Max

I would be very surprised if Andrew or any other dealer will make an exchange due to buyer's remorse. But, why should you have remorse. Your watch is a quality piece and will last for years with proper care. It isn't perfect (no replicas are) so, don't worry about the nit pickers and wear it and enjoy it. The typical person who sees your watch will have no knowledge of such flaws and will probably think it is as beautiful as you do.

Hi all,

I have decided to keep this one.

I will wait for the new subs to come out from other dealers and buy one of those in the near future.

but are there anyway i can fix the rehaut myself?

I would be very surprised if Andrew or any other dealer will make an exchange due to buyer's remorse. But, why should you have remorse. Your watch is a quality piece and will last for years with proper care. It isn't perfect (no replicas are) so, don't worry about the nit pickers and wear it and enjoy it. The typical person who sees your watch will have no knowledge of such flaws and will probably think it is as beautiful as you do.

@perry563:

Does BK have a shop?

are there any websites where i can see his work?

Its a well constructed watch. However it has faults as compared with the genuine Submariner..some of which can be fixed while others cant.

1) Cyclops to far to the right. It can be removed by someone who knows what they are doing and then better centered.

2) Crown too large. This can also be removed and replaced with a smaller crown although the tube will also need to be changed.

3) Crappy pearl. This can be popped out and a better one inserted. At the same time the insert should be recessed if needed.

4) CG wrong shape and it looks like cut too short. May or may not be fixable. CG should be a little pointy rather than cut flat on top.

5) Rehaut not straight and too deep....Wokky. Biggest flaw and cant be fixed.

6) Rehaut too thin...Big flaw and cant be fixed.

The good news is that 95% of all people you meet will never be able to tell the difference. The watch is very well constructed and very few will ever call it out as fake. Its got the "feel" of a high price watch...not at cheap rep that most would expect.

If you are looking for a top rung sub that has none of these defects then wait another month or so and BK will be selling the WM9 sub in its latest version and fully modded. Cost will be 500-550 but it will be the last Sub rep you will ever buy.

As to TrustyTime taking it back - you can ask if he would but I doubt it. MAYBE he would give you credit for future purchases... Worth a try. Another idea is to sell it on the forums. You can say you just bought it, it is in perfect condition, paste Trusty

rehaut depth can not really be fixed. sanding may be able to fix some issues, but you can not add depth where none existed before. if you buy a wm9, trusty, or Euro you shouldnt have to worry. i have the noobmariner which is pretty shallow depth but its still a helluva watch! next to a gen its obvious it's too shallow. but honestly 9.5 out of 10 people wont know otherwise, especially on your wrist.

anything coming from BK would be something to get excited about. but undoubtedly have a waiting list. i am looking forward to a wm9/bk sub. if this is indeed factual(?)

Hi Hike,

can you please show me exactly what grease and rubber o-rings to get

i cant seem to find it....

sorry for being such a noob

@JohnG! My hats off to 'ya!

This is the most humane, respectable and clear talk I have read in this forum offered to a NOOB! That is truly great!

@DrTub! We've all been there and done that, you have a good first watch! And JohnG is perfectly correct and honest....I have a gen TT Blue Sub and a Rep and I could hard tell the difference! It's very rare that you will meet an "expert" that could tell the difference ! I have yet to be called out since wearing REPS for the last 3 yeaars! Wear your watch well and enjoy it! If you have to order the orb or ball from Ofrei, order some grease too and a package of diff. sizes of rubber o-rings, these will come in handy later in your hobby! Helps to make your watch water resistant!

Good luck!

Hike

Send it back get another thing and forget about buying from trusty, is just the name can not be trusted at all anymore. go with Chris or PT you'll get a more accurate watch for the same price.

The watch looks like the $100.00 special.

what the F*CUK is up with your stupid oversized, enoormously large signature? just because i have a huge c*ck, does not mean i whip it out infront of everyone on the street and swing it around like ronald mcdonald!

regarding topic, i think you got ripped by "trusty" and paid way too much. not so trusty afterall, this "trusty" guy!

Edited by slay

calm down dude...

i dont see my signature to be big at all?

i actually dont see a signature

i tried putting a picture up. but it doesnt show. anyway, i took it off now

what the F*CUK is up with your stupid oversized, enoormously large signature? just because i have a huge c*ck, does not mean i whip it out infront of everyone on the street and swing it around like ronald mcdonald!

regarding topic, i think you got ripped by "trusty" and paid way too much. not so trusty afterall, this "trusty" guy!

yes, well 5 minutes ago 4/5 of the page was covered with your 5foot long signature!

5 pages for a sig, thats too funny, not worth getting so annoyed over it though.

I have delt with trusty and was very pleased with his service and product, I guess you have to read and research and read some more until you convince yourself which rep version you want.

Get to know some of the more experienced members and read all their reviews.

good luck B)

Wow, if 'ol Ronald is acting like this, someone better call the po-lice!!!

@Dr.TuB, congrats on your new Sub, wear it well and welcome to the forum. But beware, this watch collecting thing is a slippery slope, pretty soon you will have a house full!!