When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How does this 16610 Case look?

indyberetta

Heh, heh, Indy! Hope you survived the hurricane alright!

I think you've found the 'Sean at ETASwiss' case we looked at last week! It's a 16610 case with the correct high crown position. Sean, River and Eddie Lee all had access to the TW Best stuff which may be loosely tied into the MBW cases and this could be the latest case along that line of evolution and improvement. This could be a very good case if you had a 3135 movement and wanted to build a 16610 franken. The 3035 and 3135 Subs take different cases though- rehaut on 16800 Subs is much shallower, so someone needs to tell Sean to scratch the 3035 designation. If you could fit a 2824-2 or a 2892-2 with a Stilty spacer ring in it, you could build a nice franken with the correct high crown position. A few gen parts and you might just have the 'perfect sub' rep.

Hey friend! How have you been? I went over 2 weeks without electricity so it was not fun at all!!!

I was kinda thinking down the same lines as what you said above. I have someone that wants to trade me for a 3135 and I thought that might just be the trick to doing a "perfect sub"!

I hope to see you at the next gtg!

I don't know if anyone has bought this case yet. I've heard from BK that WM9 is working on a new 16610 w/ correct crown position and a 2892-A2 movt. If you've got a 3135 and this case, you'd be 80% of the way there. Then it would just be a matter of a few more gen parts.

I'm ready for a gtg, but I'm busy hunting and going to Playa at Thanksgiving. Guess we need to roust up B & B and R and the rest of the gang.