When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lewis Hamilton

FxrAndy

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on, Hamilton played it perfectly. He stayed out of trouble, didn't try to push beyond the 5th position, and made the proper decision on tires in the closing laps. He did everything a champion should have done, and the result speaks for itself.

Yes he didn't try to push beyond 5th position......he tryed to push beyond 6th...and he did not make 5th position by his talent... :)

Yes he didn't try to push beyond 5th position......he tryed to push beyond 6th...and he did not make 5th position by his talent... :)

Of course he did. If Glock and Trulli had pitted and changed to intermediates, they would have been far down the in the pack. The only reason Glock was in front of Hamilton was because he didn't pit. Hamilton raced an incredible race, changed tyres when necessary...if that isn't a demonstration of talent, then i don't know what is! It was his talent that put him in a position to allow him to get 5th right at the end. It wasn't a mistake by Glock that gave Hamilton 5th, because if he had have pitted, he wouldn't have been in the equation in the first place.

Edited by b16a2

Exactly. People just love this conspiracy crap. Glock slowed down on the last few turns simply because it was pissing rain on the back half of the track only. He was able to pass Hamilton on the front half because it was still relatively dry there. End of story. The better man won the championship, but not by much.

Of course he did. If Glock and Trulli had pitted and changed to intermediates, they would have been far down the in the pack. The only reason Glock was in front of Hamilton was because he didn't pit. Hamilton raced an incredible race, changed tyres when necessary...if that isn't a demonstration of talent, then i don't know what is! It was his talent that put him in a position to allow him to get 5th right at the end. It wasn't a mistake by Glock that gave Hamilton 5th, because if he had have pitted, he wouldn't have been in the equation in the first place.

...yes ok...

Senna is King... Arrogant yet likable. Sad that he went the way he did.

Hamilton's a good driver, a very good one I must say. But there's something about him that rubs me the wrong way though. No conspiracy in Glock slowing down for Hammie. Hamilton got 5th fair and square. I dont like it but that's the truth.

Having said that though, Glock's a C O C K for not being able to hold on to 5th position

Edited by siesta181

Hamilton's a good driver, a very good one I must say. But there's something about him that rubs me the wrong way though.

Same for me... I think it's how the media force feeds him to us here in the UK and the way they demonize Alonso (who I like).

It's not Hamilton's fault though... whenever I hear him talk he sounds so humble and lucky to be in such a position in a great car. And to know where he came from, the hard work his father put in, it is a heart-warming tale, but as the Hamilton family say themselves, it is a story of hard work and the rewards that can get.

I've noticed that the family keep saying "we've" been successful and there is something in that.

It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing this fantastic Hamilton victory has seemingly upset so many other EU and worldwide peeps, you can feel the bitterness and bad sportsmanship oozing from their every pore :lol:

It seems it is too hard for people to say "contratulations" for a well fought and deserved victory. Take that lemon out of your mouth it may be easier :p

Try to be magnanimous in defeat.......

Bitter much?

Consistency, not victories, wins championships.

bitter ? not as much as McLaren last year when Kimi stole the crown from under both their lead drivers :D

consistency ? yea the ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory is certainly a very consistent trait ... beaching the car, running into the back of parked cars, overcooking T1 and what not. He's got talent & seems likable in person (from a Top Gear interview) but he's over-rated.

Heck i'd much rather root for Mr Jenson Button who is still hanging in there despite a totally undriveable Honda this year

i hear he's been promised a McLaren road car by Dennis if he pulls a hat-trick so lets hope he can get one by leading like a true champion for the next 2 years

In his first season he almost became the world champion. In the second season he did become the champion, and the youngest person ever to do so. I think for a rookie driver that's quite an achievement.

If you listen to waht the professionals have to say, they agree that he has an outstanding natural talent. Nobody has said he is the best ever, but plenty say that he could indeed become one of the best ever. This seems to prompt nostalgia, and people think back to the likes of Senna...and it's like comparng apples with oranges.

He comes across very humble, and for 23 he is very down to earth considering his achievements.

Hamilton has won 8 GP's since starting 2 seasons ago, Massa has won 9 and has been racing for 6 seasons. Massa has obviously matured and become more consistent than he used to be, but compare that with Hamilton who has come in from Season 1 and delivered.

Do I think he is the best driver ever - no, not at all, but he has the talent to be come one of the best to grace the sport.

Do I think he is overrated - no. It is the public that rate people, and I believe he has lived upto and gone beyond the expectations placed on him.

Will he win next year - Well....let's hope so.

Certainly Massa is going to be direct competition, and that yong Vettel seems to be a very talented driver too, next season is going to be very interesting indeed, bring on the chequered flag!!

Will he win next year - Well....let's hope so.

Certainly Massa is going to be direct competition, and that yong Vettel seems to be a very talented driver too, next season is going to be very interesting indeed, bring on the chequered flag!!

Next season will be really interesting...

I think Alonso scored the most points in the 2nd half or last 3rd of the season in a worse car than the Ferraris and McLarens - he has a knack of improving the car he drives. Remember how he beat Schumacher 2 years running in a worse car that got even worse once he left.

Robert Kubica also looks very good. Put him in a good car and I think he could provide some great competition. Vettel looks like he could do something too, and of course champion Hamilton, Massa and a hopefully bothered Raikkonen will make things all interesting. I think Alonso is the best with Hamilton next up but Kubica looks like he could really be great.

With all the drastic rule changes and only Ferrari consistently producing the best car, it's hard to say what will happen next year though. Alonso has that big plus that he is Schumacher-like in improving his team's car quite a lot though. Gonna be interesting :tu:

I hear there may be a big shake up of the points system next season? They also may be going back to the slick tyres too I think ^_^

According to Nico Rosberg they are:

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news...029093435.shtml

But when asked by Germany's Auto Motor und Sport if the new era for next year - including KERS, slick tyres and sweeping aerodynamic changes - is his only reason for optimism, the 23-year-old answered in the affirmative.

I can't find the link right now for all the changes, but it's the most drastic that's been done in ages... Schumacher definitely didn't have anything like this to put up with. It's going to shake up everything, everyone may be starting from scratch again!

If it levels the playing field and creates more on track action, I am all for it :)

The best drivers should always rise to the challenge, I disliked the fact that the car was the star, so to speak....

Sadly it has been for a while :(

And a dearth of great drivers during the Schumacher years (possibly excepting Hakkinen and then Alonso his only true competition)... we now have a bunch of top drivers, which is probably why it'll be harder for Hamilton (1 championship) or Alonso (2 championships) to get to Schumacher's 7 titles. They'll still be regarded as greats if they win a few more, Alonso may already be for beating off Schumacher in a weaker car.

Senna is still seen as greater than Schumacher despite winning less... Fangio is just a legend that is seen as the greatest of all time. Both won less... Greatness is not always statistics, it's also the competition you defeat.