When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Couple quick shots of a new Franken

stilty

Here is something you don't see everyday as a franken. A Midsize or Boy's size.

Genuine 30mm Case with gen bezel and gen sapphire crystal

Genuine Dial - Ivory colored Anniversary with WG Arabic markers

Genuine 2135 Date Disc

Genuine 2135 Movement Holder

Omega 2520 Movement (ETA 2000 base)

Aftermarket hands

These are quick n dirty pics I took tonight after spending a bit of time assembling this mid size. I still need to source a bracelet.

The dial is beautiful! Ivory colored Anniversary dial features ROLEXROLEXROLEX stamped across the face. I'll take some better pictures later to show the details on the dial.

mid1ci6.jpg

mid2aa1.jpg

mid3ja0.jpg

mid4kn9.jpg

Here is a pic I took previous of test fitting the movement with the gen movement holder in the case.

incasely6.jpg

I'll take some side by side comparison shots with a 34mm 15200 Date and 36mm 16200 Datejust to show the difference in size.

I am building it for my wife, and I showed it to her tonight. She thinks it is to small as she is used to wearing a 34mm Date.

She thinks it is beautiful and loves the dial. I'm sure once I get a bracelet on it, she will be more than happy to wear it.

I am building it for my wife, and I showed it to her tonight. She thinks it is to small as she is used to wearing a 34mm Date.

She thinks it is beautiful and loves the dial. I'm sure once I get a bracelet on it, she will be more than happy to wear it.

If she doesn't my son would love it :D

Congrats, it's a very nice watch!

Oooooh you people are so harsh! Why does it have to be a she? Maybe Stilty is just a small man...a very very small man. ;)

That dial is great! Did you have to get a custom movement holder for it? How does someone go about getting something like that? And, what bracelet is appropriate for this? I'm assuming a president style would be most appropriate.

Hi there, Stilty

what a nice watch that is, I find amazing the pieces that are being put together around... fantastic!

your lady will be very happy with that piece, and being smaller than her 34mm will give her different choices and options, she should be joyful!

I can tell you've been ok!

cheers!

Chino.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

@ Toad: The movement holder is genuine Rolex. It is made to fit a c.2125 in a mid size case. The ETA 2000 and Rolex 2135 are very close in size. Only 0.20mm difference in diameter. Only slight modification was needed to fit the movement in the Rolex holder and case.

@ ice: The dial is genuine Rolex and I picked it up on eBay. Unfortunately, the price tag was $300 but I knew it would be something the wife would like and it would work with the project. The dial has no dial feet, only a lip that is friction fit to the movement holder so it was a perfect choice, if not the only choice to go with this project.

@ Freddy: I looked at their site, but they have no 17mm bracelets. List price at the AD for an oyster is $450. I may have to break down and get one as I'm not having any luck with the usual suspects.

@ Yellow: This is a fairly straight forward project when all the parts are there. Only need to change the HW and CP on the movement, 4th wheel should be fine as the tubes on the hands are very long. I changed it anyway. For hands, the hour hand and minute hand are C.2035 and they fit no problem. I used the sweep hand from a set of C.2135 and that fit not problem as well. I found the sweep from the 2035 too small. I guess I could have broached it, but when I found that the 2135 hand fit, I figured why bother. The date disc is just glued on top of the ETA disc. A spacer is required between the two, but that is easy to do.

The only thing I don't like is that the date is not instantaneous. It slowly rolls over. It starts to roll over at about 10:30pm. It is quick set though. But who, other that a WIS, sits there and waits for the date to turn over?