When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tracking Question. Something That Never Seen Before

V

Well,

I am waiting for the 119 from Josh and in the tracking of the Parcelforce has the following:

Date Time Location Tracking Event

19-07-2006 07:45 International Hub

19-07-2006 07:18 National Hub Sorted in hub

19-07-2006 07:14 International Hub AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGING

19-07-2006 07:14 International Hub Arrived in destination country

13-07-2006 21:54 Delivery Agent - SHANGHAI - PTT Left origin country

13-07-2006 16:34 Delivery Agent - CHINA Collected from customer

But in the EMS website says this:

Timing Site Status

2006-07-13 16:34:00 City of Shanghai Posting

2006-07-13 16:39:00 City of Shanghai Despatch from Sorting Center

2006-07-13 21:54:00 SHANGHAI Despatch from Sorting Center

2006-07-19 07:14:00 UNITED KINGDOM COVENTRY(EMS) Arrival at Sorting Center

2006-07-19 07:14:00 UNITED KINGDOM COVENTRY(EMS) Handed over to Customs

2006-07-19 07:18:00 UNITED KINGDOM GBCVTB Released from Customs

What the hell is the Awaiting customs charging and why the Chinese site says it was released from customs?

I never ever had problems and the one time they opened the parcel they confiscated the watch (a Pam 36 from Paul last year)

Now the customs charging means they thought it was a genuine and charged me on the genuine price???

Or maybe they mean they wait to see what the customs will say for the parcel and 4 minutes later it was realeased with no problem?

And why it is not on the way to me and sorted on the International Hub? Maybe the delivery truck was gone because it was too late?

well V, I don't know how it works in the UK...but here in Croatia...all the goods that i ordered came to the customs...and i had to pay some customs taxes based upon a bill that i show them as a confirm of the made payment...and then they charge me some taxes based upon that bill...cca 30%

since now only the watch ordered from Josh and Sichuan passed the customs without I had to pay some taxes...ordered from River TTK and EL and always had to pay something...but here in Croatia they don't realize what is Panerai...maybe they've heard of rolex...but other famous brands....they are unknown to my people...

well V, I don't know how it works in the UK...but here in Croatia...all the goods that i ordered came to the customs...and i had to pay some customs taxes based upon a bill that i show them as a confirm of the made payment...and then they charge me some taxes based upon that bill...cca 30%

since now only the watch ordered from Josh and Sichuan passed the customs without I had to pay some taxes...ordered from River TTK and EL and always had to pay something...but here in Croatia they don't realize what is Panerai...maybe they've heard of rolex...but other famous brands....they are unknown to my people...

And what bill do you give them? I NEVER paid anything for taxes since the value declared is very low or as a gift.

I am thinking that maybe the Awaiting customs charging is just terminology and not the actual thing because how it is possible for them to find the value of the watch and charge me in 4 minutes???? (between 7:14 and 7:18) ??

I use the WU as a method of payment...and then they charge me the taxes upon that document of WU...

but I have a trick...when the watch costs a lot of $$$...i make two WU payments....one of a small amount...and the other of bigger amount (rest)....and then when they ask me to show how much I payed...i show them $...small amount! :lol: ....

when you use paypal..you probably can prove that you've made some payments with your credit card...and that is how you can prove how much you've paid!

I am thinking that maybe the Awaiting customs charging is just terminology and not the actual thing because how it is possible for them to find the value of the watch and charge me in 4 minutes???? (between 7:14 and 7:18) ??

probably it reached the customs and they saw it was a gift or low value watch (that it isn't...but they don't know)...and they released it in few min...

yesterday it seems that i recived the package from EL...and i got a notice from the customs to send them a bill confirmation for the item i got...so today I am sending them the needed info...and in a day or two I'll have the beast on my wrist(187)...

Just means customs is deciding to put a charge on it or not, whatever it is parcelforce will then add their "clearing fee" to it so be prepared for their £15'ish charge on it if it does get taxed.

Happens a lot with other purchases but first time I have seen it on a watch. Then again I am waiting for a package from EL too and it seems to have gone all quiet so I am thinking htere might be a customs charge notification letter on the way as PF dont release these packages anymore as you have to go collet them or arrange a delivery time when someone is in to pay for htem.

Just means customs is deciding to put a charge on it or not, whatever it is parcelforce will then add their "clearing fee" to it so be prepared for their £15'ish charge on it if it does get taxed.

Happens a lot with other purchases but first time I have seen it on a watch. Then again I am waiting for a package from EL too and it seems to have gone all quiet so I am thinking htere might be a customs charge notification letter on the way as PF dont release these packages anymore as you have to go collet them or arrange a delivery time when someone is in to pay for htem.

If tomorrow doesn't released from international hub and on the way to me it means that this is the case.

Do you think I have to call them now and ask them?

[CRUSADE MODE=ON]When the package gets to Eritrea and the Ministry of Transport and Communications get hold of it, will they update the delivery details? What's it doing in the UK anyway?[/CRUSADE]

(see why your joke is old now?)

Well,

I am waiting for the 119 from Josh and in the tracking of the Parcelforce has the following:

Date Time Location Tracking Event

19-07-2006 07:45 International Hub

19-07-2006 07:18 National Hub Sorted in hub

19-07-2006 07:14 International Hub AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGING

19-07-2006 07:14 International Hub Arrived in destination country

13-07-2006 21:54 Delivery Agent - SHANGHAI - PTT Left origin country

13-07-2006 16:34 Delivery Agent - CHINA Collected from customer

But in the EMS website says this:

Timing Site Status

2006-07-13 16:34:00 City of Shanghai Posting

2006-07-13 16:39:00 City of Shanghai Despatch from Sorting Center

2006-07-13 21:54:00 SHANGHAI Despatch from Sorting Center

2006-07-19 07:14:00 UNITED KINGDOM COVENTRY(EMS) Arrival at Sorting Center

2006-07-19 07:14:00 UNITED KINGDOM COVENTRY(EMS) Handed over to Customs

2006-07-19 07:18:00 UNITED KINGDOM GBCVTB Released from Customs

What the hell is the Awaiting customs charging and why the Chinese site says it was released from customs?

I never ever had problems and the one time they opened the parcel they confiscated the watch (a Pam 36 from Paul last year)

Now the customs charging means they thought it was a genuine and charged me on the genuine price???

Or maybe they mean they wait to see what the customs will say for the parcel and 4 minutes later it was realeased with no problem?

And why it is not on the way to me and sorted on the International Hub? Maybe the delivery truck was gone because it was too late?

weird things are happening in shipping now. i just received 2 watches from ruby and the tracking showed it being accepted in guanzhou going in and out of customs there in china and then arriving to my door in us. very strange indeed. it looks like it never went through customs entering the us. the only time i have ever had the tracking numers work correctly was a ladies ss ym from king. it worked perfectly every step of the way. never before and never again has that happend. just another reason to throw it in a drawer and if you don't have the watch in about 3 weeks then try it.