When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Gens I Want

Birdman

You know reps are great, but I was in the Touneau store and there is nothing like a gen.

Here is a list of the three gens that i am buying and why.

1)post-1004-1153328034_thumb.jpg

Sector series 700

I want a watch that I can swim in and not worry, but I want something styling and I love the band and this one uses a swiss ETA 2824-2.

2)post-1004-1153328136_thumb.jpg

The Cuervo Y Sobrinos - Prominente

Hey Frank Muller has nothing on this watch. Beautiful and can be gotten for $2040 over the net. Comes in a beautiful humidor box and I do not think there will ever be a rep of it.

3) Omega speedmaster moon watch. I cant bring myself to get a rep of this. I got to have the real one. This will be the last one I get as I am on the hunt for the Snoopy version, but I will settle for any of them.

One last thing. I will be selling some of my reps to pay for these, but I will probably still collect a few more as after these three watches my wife will kill me if I buy any more Gens :(

Great choices. There is no substitute for the moon watch. There isn't a rep that's even close. Timeman.net looks like a great source and has a pretty good reputation. He's got some decent ones for 1500usd. There are "reduced" 35mm models for under 1k, but they look tiny on the wrist.

The Cuervo y Sobrinos is very nice too. I saw several of them at various places in Vegas a few weeks ago. It's funny that everybody associates the exploded dial with Franck Muller now (including myself) even though it's been around since at least 1910. You would think that he invented it for all the copy it gets.

Allow me to join in: :)

Aside from the PAMs, I'm into Zenith lately with their unique designs & constructions that caught my eye.

Not forgetiing the el Primero movements. Got to have to try these watches.

A huge plus is that they are 46.5mm watches. Me likey! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

1. Zenith Defy Xtreme Open

90111-28532.jpg

90111-28533.jpg90111-28534.jpg

New generation movements featuring El Primero 4021 SX, 36’000 VPH, 39 Jewels, 55-Hour Power Reserve

Automatic Chrono with Power Reserve Indicator, 30-Minute Counter and small second

Black Titanium case, Rotating Bezel, Helium Valve, Screw-In Crown & Buttons with Carbon Fibre Insets

Multilayered Dial with shick resistant glass, Carbon Fibre and Brushed Aluminium

Brushed Steel Braceler Reinforced with Carbon Fibre, Composite materials and Kevlar Lateral Inserts.

Case Diameter: 46.5 MM

Water-Resistant down to 1000m.

2. Zenith Defy Classic Open (Love the Metal White Dial for this one)

90111-28535.jpg90111-28536.jpg

New Generation movement El Primero 4021SC, 36’000 VPH, 55-Hour Power Reserve

Automatic Chrono movementG, Power Reserve Indicator, Open Dial Showing the Escapement Mechanism

SS Brushed case with Sapphire Caseback, Rotating Bezel, Asphalt Black ir Metal White Guilloche Dial, Screw-In Crown & Buttons

Brushed Steel Bracelet and Triple folding Buckle

Case Diameter: 46.5 MM

Water-Resistant down to 300m.

--------------------------------------------------------------

That is it for now. Will post more later....

i had a genuine moon watch, stunning, bit annoyed i had to sell it but i have lots of pics to bring back memories lol.

I won't rest until I get a genuine Moonie!!!!

Or a replica with a closed case back and a geared up 7750 to move the subdials to the correct position......Yeah ...I know...I'll be getting a genuine :D

Just a personal observation...

The Cuervo Y Sobrinos - Prominente is a FM legal knock-off...

and there is nothing I hate more than style thiefs...

A 2824 Fm Replica would better serve the purpose for a heck of a lot less $$...

imo :D

Frank Muller is a knock off from many styles in the early 1900. Cuervo Y Sobrinos predates Frank Muller i am pretty sure. I have seen an ad they did in the 30's that has this watch. Frank Muller is only a 25 year old company. Who ripped of who?

Frank Muller is a knock off from many styles in the early 1900. Cuervo Y Sobrinos predates Frank Muller i am pretty sure. I have seen an ad they did in the 30's that has this watch. Frank Muller is only a 25 year old company. Who ripped of who?

Regardless... FM owns the style now... When anyone sees it,.. they think Frank...

I personally never even heard of Cuervo, outside of Tequila,..

Not that I care for FM... I don't .... it was just an observation... -_-

I need a GST Chrono and a Moonwatch. I nearly bought the $1300 Automatic MoonWatch when I saw it in the local AD, but I wondered if there's going to be a Co-Axial one soon.

Oh, and I didn't have 1300 Euros. :D

I'm into Zenith lately with their unique designs & constructions that caught my eye.

As long as you don't have to be as gay as in the photos, I'd think about it. :Jumpy: