When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What a mug!

Chronus

I can't believe this.... pure greed.... a reverend too. I guess it takes blind faith to believe you'll get something back ;)

This woman sent Nigerian scam artists $400,000

Perhaps someone like Dr. sssurfer can explain the compulsive mentality that is needed to continue with this. It reminds me of gambling... betting bigger and bigger on the off chance of winning and off-setting all the big losses.

Edited by Chronus

I watched Jonestown again on TV last night, it doesn't get any worse than that.

Ken

Yeah along with those that believe some dealers "waterproof" their watches for a fee ;)

I think I only just avoided getting ripped off....

I saw a 2006 AUDI A3 2.0 TDi S line DSG, on the UK, autotrader.coo.uk for

Edited by Chronus

STUPIDITY

I want to know what job she does that she only needs 3-4 years to recoup the $400,000 she gave to the scammers... I need a job like that.!

she's a nurse.....i'm a male nurse also and it will take me 60 years to pay that $400,000 off

I guess they must make a lot in the US as a nurse....

It also says she's a reverend that gives spiritual guidance? Must be skimming off the collection every weekend...

"The car is located in Madrid, Spain and so am I. We've recently moved to Spain and brought it with us.

A friend of mine runs a free ads site and was telling me how the most common variant of this scam is based on free pets. It always involves WUing money abroad to Ireland, Spain, etc.

See the "Phantom Puppy Wire Transfer scam" here: http://bullmarketfrogs.com/blog/?p=598

These people are not victims. They are just typical people trying to get something for nothing and getting burned. Kind of like the ones who buy a 'gen' Rolex for $1300 on ebay.

Precisely. While I don't condone what the scammers did, when it got to the point of officials and family telling her to call it a day, surely that should have made her see sense... It's just typical 'victim mentality' of people who can't admit that their own greed and stupidity/stubbornness are the true cause of their situations, it always has to be 'someone else's fault' with folks like that. Don't get me wrong, scammers like that are low, but if someone has the commonsense to realize things aren't right, then the scam can't take place. While the stupidity of some people no longer surprises me, it never ceases to scare me that there adults out there, driving cars, raising kids, being looked up to by others, who for some reason just lack the most basic commonsense :(

Perhaps someone like Dr. sssurfer can explain the compulsive mentality that is needed to continue with this. It reminds me of gambling... betting bigger and bigger on the off chance of winning and off-setting all the big losses.

lucyvanpeltas5.gif

I think you are absolutely right.

But how can anyone fall into it the first time, all I can say is it must be a result of our not letting ourselves be driven by natural selection...

lucyvanpeltas5.gif

I think you are absolutely right.

But how can anyone fall into it the first time, all I can say is it must be a result of our not letting ourselves be driven by natural selection...

There's gotta be some truth in that.

There's a TV show that's started here yesterday called "Survivors" (i think maybe a remake of an older series) that has the basic premise that a worldwide flu pandemic has wiped out 90% of the world and people have to learn how to live in the real world... where natural selection no doubt rules!

Edited by Chronus

I find that common sense is uncommon.

Indeed, it's scary but true. There are some really stupid people out there. The scary thing, is how they don't even realize it. For example, my mother in law is a teacher, and also privately tutors kids at home. One time, she had cancelled a pupil's lesson (I forget why, but the result was that no one was home) The pupil's parents apparently forgot the lesson had been cancelled, as they dropped him off, then left without even making sure he had come in for the lesson. Fortunately, the neighbours heard him knocking on the door, and took him in for the duration of his lesson. I'm not sure if they said anything to his parents, but we were all utterly appalled that a parent could simply leave a child without checking they were being received properly. Even more so, as the child's mother, is the manager of a very large, and busy store in town. Scary doesn't begin to cover it. Someone who one would hope to be a competent and educated adult, behaving in such an irresponsible manner with their own child's safety. :o

she just lost her touch with reality. i bet she her home will be foreclosed and she will be out on the street pretty soon... someone in africa really hit a jackpot.

I guess they must make a lot in the US as a nurse....

It also says she's a reverend that gives spiritual guidance? Must be skimming off the collection every weekend...