When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1:1 replica of the Bell & Ross 02

edgematic

the helium valve is still missing in his pics. this was a problem on V1 too: either no He valve or a terrible orange bubble thing where it's supposed to be...

hmmm....are we looking at the same pics? :g:

2cddabe4a3bfbc84d7586bbun5.jpg

looks like an HEV valve to me. not sure what the biggest differences are on the two versions, but i do remember comparing the old version to the genuine article and thinking i'd wait for a better version...

deltatahoe

hmmm....are we looking at the same pics? :g:

2cddabe4a3bfbc84d7586bbun5.jpg

looks like an HEV valve to me. not sure what the biggest differences are on the two versions, but i do remember comparing the old version to the genuine article and thinking i'd wait for a better version...

deltatahoe

@delta

touche'. I was looking at the pics at 3AM in my defense. I remember talking with you about this when the first one came out and coming to the same conclusion. One of the probs was the color of the datewheel. The He valve is still wrong, though; it should be orange. Heres an old thread:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...584&hl=br02

and a search thread since nobody can ever find the search box...

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?act=Se...ighlite=%2Bbr02

The He valve is still wrong, though; it should be orange.

i'm not so sure the HEV on the stainless steel version should be orange. it is definitely orange on the PVD version; it's not totally clear what color it is on the stainless steel version, at least from the bell & ross website (i've attached two pictures below).

br02carbonpro300x450158hp0.jpgbr02acierpro300x4501553mk3.jpg

i've searched high and low for some real life pictures of the ss version, but it would appear that no-one has one of these in real life :bangin:

the quest continues...

deltatahoe

@ delta.

I'm actually almost laughing; I cant find a pic of the helium valve on the gen a n y where.... I think you are right, though. In all the dial shots of the pvd one, you can see the orange helium valve. On all the SS ones, you can't see orange , but it does look like a black HE valve. Maybe they got it right, and that's why this one is a version 2.

interested to see how people like this new version. It's a really cool watch, and reminds me of an old diesel watch I had in college. Really cool. Good luck with that hunt. Im getting a headache....

The rim of the HE valve on the gen is orange on the PVD version and black on the SS.

There's a 1:1 PVD version too (I have one, purchased in Shenzhen by a friend fairly recently - same movement), but it doesn't seem to have filtered through to the major dealers yet. It is, however, quite a bit better than the cheapie 21J version that has been around for a while.

The price seems excessive for an 'Asian ETA', though - I would have expected something closer to $180 based on what I paid for the one I have.

i'm not so sure the HEV on the stainless steel version should be orange. it is definitely orange on the PVD version; it's not totally clear what color it is on the stainless steel version, at least from the bell & ross website (i've attached two pictures below).

i've searched high and low for some real life pictures of the ss version, but it would appear that no-one has one of these in real life :bangin:

the quest continues...

deltatahoe

Who needs pics DT, when you've handled the gen? ;) And yes, you're right, the SS has a black O-ring around the HeV.

The PVD gens were easy to source here, the rose gold versions even easier, but you try sourcing a SS and no soup :(

Waited best part of the year, and the only SS I saw was in Paris (home country of B&R) and that was a Pro dial (the Seiko look doesn't do it for me :p)

Finally one arrived locally but by then I'd moved on (and spent) so I passed this up especially at pushing 3 grand (€).

I'd given up waiting on a decent rep of this (numeral dial), and just last week picked up the cheapie for $60 to give as a gift, but now I'm tempted to get this new version for myself - yes it's relatively expensive, borderline exorbitant for an asian ETA clone, but that's the market these days sadly.

p.s. settling into SoCal life? Will email you soon my friend :)

Well I'll have to respectfully disagree there, having just today had it on my wrist again. I know what you're getting at but I'd say it wears DIFFERENT rather than wears large. Shape of the case blending in with the curve of the rubber strap, it's a beauty and very comfy too.

Is Trusty the only dealer carrying this? Surely not?

It's a great looking watch, but it wears huge. This is one where the quality of the gen is there, so it makes sense to try the rep for a while to see if it works for you. It wears (IMO) a lot bigger than a Panerai.