When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dewitt Academia

uhu0k

Have been thinking about the Dewitt for a longer time but still unable to pull the trigger. Is is beautiful watch but perhaps a bit too flashy. The design is so eye-catching. The rep is excellently built except for those rubber studs not having a good fit with the bezel cut outs, at least in some of them if not all. Hope soon or later I can convince myself to take it. Still it is good for collection if not for wearing considering the build quality is so outstanding.

Have been thinking about the Dewitt for a longer time but still unable to pull the trigger. Is is beautiful watch but perhaps a bit too flashy. The design is so eye-catching. The rep is excellently built except for those rubber studs not having a good fit with the bezel cut outs, at least in some of them if not all. Hope soon or later I can convince myself to take it. Still it is good for collection if not for wearing considering the build quality is so outstanding.

The Academia is not flashy in person....subtle flashiness :p The build quality is absolutely excellent

I have had mine for a few months now and have probably worn it once or twice. Sitting pretty in my watch box .... might just think of selling it to make some space :)

I agree. Noone will ever doubt its genuine. But I hardly wear it, its more like a special occasion watch.

But I can't get myself to sell it, because I think I will never come across such a well built replica (HBB doesnt compare! HBB might be 99.9% like the gen, but even the Gen is not so sphisticated)

one of the rare reps that are really worth keeping and admiring for the great work the rep factories have done in replicating this one...

it's not at all flashy...it's a great looking watch...sporty and dressy at the same time...

do not hesitate to get it guys...I love mine!

• 2 months later...

Many of the gens look and feel really cheap in person and are more than a bit overpriced at 30K+ considering they have unmodified base movements. The rep will never get called out though....

Especially since the gen is built on a fairly unmodified stock 7750. The caseback of the rep therefore looks really close to the gen...

Many of the gens look and feel really cheap in person and are more than a bit overpriced at 30K+ considering they have unmodified base movements. The rep will never get called out though....

I just think the rubber strap needs to be ditched on this one. A design like this IMHO, should be on leather...and not rubber. There was a recent issue of GQ or Maxim or Men's Health or something like that that had a fashion spread with a dude wearing one of these on a croc honey-brown strap with standard tang buckle. It looked fantastic...maybe it was the vintage wood boat he was on with the gorgeous model beside him...but maybe the watch was nice in its own right...I can't remember. ;)