When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My New Pride And Joy - Ubi Dw6263

Watchmeister

I have been peppering Ubi with all kinds of questions about various Rolexes over the past few months. As always his responses were prompt and helpful. As those who know him will attest, he is one of the very few truly knowledgeable and valuable members here. :notworthy:

In any case I had been eager to buy a DW 6263 for several months now and Ubi had faithfully answered every inane question I could come up with. I had been avoiding it for fear of getting one with a bad movement. A few days ago Ubi was good enough to offer me one of his own. And not just any but one with a proven and serviced movement, new springbars and proper crystal. I would be remiss if I didn't mention that not only was his price very reasonable but he offered me a choice of bracelets and bezels out of his extensive collection - a true gentleman. Ubi- Many thanks. Here are the pics:

89827-28583.jpg

89827-28584.jpg

89827-28585.jpg

89827-28586.jpg

And the icing on the cake, so far it has been keeping COSC quality time. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

randy!!!

i thought the exotic dial was the only one that was working? and you let it go??? kruzer, i have no idea how much you paid, but you have certainly made out like a bandit.

this is like the time euno let go of that pointed guard gmt master....will wonders never cease!

then i remember that your sights have shifted to those new fangled daytona frankens and it all comes together...and by the way shoot me an email bud i wanted to chat with ya about something unrelated to daytonas

randy!!!

i thought the exotic dial was the only one that was working? and you let it go??? kruzer, i have no idea how much you paid, but you have certainly made out like a bandit.

Indeed. It was a sacrifice I had made; one that I hope will get my black dialed 6263 running again under Swiss motivation. More to come, though I am not sure how soon...

89882-28580.jpg

Mmmmmm. DW PN. Among my collection consisting currently of mostly gens, my 2 DWs are still my favorites. FWIW, I have purchased a few spare movements (used) that almost all had small issues which caused the original owners to let them go. I have spent quite a bit of time taking the worst one apart and learning all I can about the movement. I have found that it is in fact quite robust, just prone to poor assembly and adjustment. I got one recently that wouldn't hold a stem and would stop when the stem was pushed in. It turned out that the hole for the stem release had not been bored deep enough, causing the plate that holds the stem not to engage its tab in the stem properly, also allowing it to interfere with the setting gear when pushed in. Drilling the hole deeper gave me a perfect-running spare. Adjustments of the chrono pieces is something I am working on learning, but from what I have seen so far, the DW movements are quite straightforward and adjust the same way as any other chrono. A little work with the finish, cleaning, oiling and adjustment will give me quite a decent watch.

That's one heck of a watch, Kruzer. A stunning Ubi creation. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Is this the DW with the The Zigmeisterfied movement?

I hope to have the opportunity to see this watch in person. :D

Congrats on your purchase and enjoy! Your vintage Rollie collection is getting very interesting for a Pam guy. :)

Regards,

Jet

Edited by Jetsons

it is a great looking watch...ubi is selling some nice pieces of his collection...do you have ubi some projects? :g:

you sure do....

well kruzer...you've got a beauty...and your pride and joy would be everbodys (if we owned such a nice piece)...wear it well

and a movement that can be as finicky as the finickiest woman - but DW owners will attest that it's damn well worth it. this one, since it has been worked on by the master, should hum along without missing a beat.

and @kruzer in my shock in seeing the transfer, i forgot to welcome you to the club. hope you'll forgive the faux pas!