When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just a simple yes or no....

tridad

Would AP bands work on AP Offshore models secs@9, without any modification or conversion kit. I already have leather bands on the watch, but I would like to replace them.

Thanks for any advice I could get, and no I don't want to get Oracle or Strapluxe. <_<

what kind of strap do you have on the watch currently? i'm guessing it depends on what type of endlinks you have....only one way to find out for sure ;)

deltatahoe

ps, while you may be against oracle straps, if your existing end links don't work, you can buy some end links from oracle strap for a lot cheaper than the ap bands conversion kit.....

what kind of strap do you have on the watch currently? i'm guessing it depends on what type of endlinks you have....only one way to find out for sure ;)

deltatahoe

ps, while you may be against oracle straps, if your existing end links don't work, you can buy some end links from oracle strap for a lot cheaper than the ap bands conversion kit.....

I have the leather strap that came with the watch which I got from Kingwatch.com, it is nice, but I want to replace with something else, I just don't know if the end links are compatible or not. Nothing against Oracle, I love them or Strapluxe, I have them on other watches, so I just want to try AP bands this time around.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

SInce you have the leather, all you have to do is remove them from the endlinks and install the AP Bands! That should work! I have the MBW w/Sec@9 wt SS Bracelet,

and I can't do squat! The kit that AP Band sells will not work with this model, just the Sec@12..........I just ordered 2 Crocs and a Carbon from AP and I can't use them

with the MBW.....................

Is anyone out the with an MBW have a spare end links they wanna sell, please PM me!!

Thanks!

BTW, this is the watch I'm talking about (the one on the right wt the SS Bracelet):

genvic31024al7.jpg

Here are the straps:

apbands2uk8.jpg

I heard that about MBW Ap's, but I also think that you can get the end links from MBW directly, and that hopefully should work?

Thanks for the input, I've ordered a custom strap from them (same price as one in stock), so I will let you know how it fits when I get it, I am just glad that I don't have to do other mods to make it work.

Thanks.

i know for a fact that the oracle strap end links can be made to fit the seconds at nine mbw ap roo -- it is a really tight fit, but it will work. i'm not 100% sure whether or not the ap bands straps will fit to the oracle straps end links, but i bet if you post here someone will have the answer...

good luck with the search :victory:

deltatahoe

From various investigations, it is quite true that the AP Bands endlnks can fit their own bands as well as the OEM to giva a nice flush against the watch lugs. Oracle will also fit but will leave a gap between the lugs and the strap - they only work with their own straps. So, if you are willing to invest for the most accurate, the AP Bands endlinks is the only choice, or getting the gen. links whcih I don't know will cost you how many times more.

Now I am going to pile in. If I have an Oracle conversion kit the end links will work on the MBW seconds at 9. That much I got. So here are the trick questions. Will the oracle conversion kit work with a a gen AP strap (Themes nubuck to be specific)? If I can get spare end links from another original MBW will that work better than the Oracle end links?

It is all very frustrating as my watch is sitting elsewhere having a movement ring made for a new movement while the straps and conversion kit are sitting with me. :bangin:

kruzer, if bertieng's comments are true, then the oracle end links most likely will NOT work with the gen AP strap.

not sure if the spare end links will work better than the oracle end links though :g:

at some point i told myself i would do the proper research required (ie. reading all of the threads about straps for the offshore here) to see what works with what, but seeing people's responses here, either i) people haven't tried all the variations we are discussing here or ii) the people who have tried aren't chiming in with their experiences.

given the only royal oak offshore that i would put on anything other than an oracle strap is the safari, and i'm still too disappointed with the accuracy of the dial on this one as currently offered, i'm just not willing to bother doing all the required research.

man that post felt wordy -- hopefully people know what i'm talking about :animal_rooster:

deltatahoe

jUST FYI! I just recieved the GEN Rubber strap for the the ROO and it fit will with the endlinks of the sec@12! Now I need to get the end links for the MBW version!

Do you mean the rep endlinks can fit with the gen. strap to give a flush contact to the lugs? If yes, this is great news, can save a lot from getting the AP Bands endlinks.

Do you mean the rep endlinks can fit with the gen. strap to give a flush contact to the lugs? If yes, this is great news, can save a lot from getting the AP Bands endlinks.

YES

:p

+ 1 YES! & the Clasp, too!

It sounds like I can use the end links from an original MBW bracelet to fit the gen strap nicely. Yahoo! In truth I was cannibalizing a first gen MBW seconds at nine to finish up the MBW gen dial franken so I will just use those for the strap and keep the bracelet intact. So I guess I will have a spare set of Oracle endlinks. :)

It sounds like I can use the end links from an original MBW bracelet to fit the gen strap nicely. Yahoo! In truth I was cannibalizing a first gen MBW seconds at nine to finish up the MBW gen dial franken so I will just use those for the strap and keep the bracelet intact. So I guess I will have a spare set of Oracle endlinks. :)

Would that work on a MBW? Can I have it? How much? Thanks!

Would that work on a MBW? Can I have it? How much? Thanks!

I don't know if it will work but as long as the net result on my end is that I have a functional bracelet and endlinks that work fine with my straps the answer is sure. It will be a couple of weeks until I get the watch back though to try all this though. :)

I don't know if it will work but as long as the net result on my end is that I have a functional bracelet and endlinks that work fine with my straps the answer is sure. It will be a couple of weeks until I get the watch back though to try all this though. :)

Thanks! Let me know! That would be really great if this will workout!

threads like this (where people get their questions answered and help each other out) are what make RWG great. how about a group hug? :group:

Seriously. I've been watching a lot of "intro" threads and stuff, and the amount of help and support to Noobs I'm seeing...from both Senior members and Noobs is awesome and great to see.

I just posted a question to help solve a problem I was having in the Breitling section...and within 6 hrs...boom...a solid answer from Rolexman and Andrwew complete with description and labelled pictures. How great is that?

Seriously. I've been watching a lot of "intro" threads and stuff, and the amount of help and support to Noobs I'm seeing...from both Senior members and Noobs is awesome and great to see.

I just posted a question to help solve a problem I was having in the Breitling section...and within 6 hrs...boom...a solid answer from Rolexman and Andrwew complete with description and labelled pictures. How great is that?

I'll tell you, I was starting to get really frustrated, since I had asked the same question in other forums, and of course, no answers, or at least not good ones, but now I think that this thread will hopefully benefit others as well.

This is great!! :1a:

SInce you have the leather, all you have to do is remove them from the endlinks and install the AP Bands! That should work! I have the MBW w/Sec@9 wt SS Bracelet,

and I can't do squat! The kit that AP Band sells will not work with this model, just the Sec@12..........I just ordered 2 Crocs and a Carbon from AP and I can't use them

with the MBW.....................

Is anyone out the with an MBW have a spare end links they wanna sell, please PM me!!

Thanks!

BTW, this is the watch I'm talking about (the one on the right wt the SS Bracelet):

genvic31024al7.jpg

Here are the straps:

apbands2uk8.jpg

hey there, I am looking for the best replica AP out there, would you be kind enough to point me in the right direction...

best

happy holidays

hey there, I am looking for the best replica AP out there, would you be kind enough to point me in the right direction...

best

happy holidays

Hey Noobie!

I'll point you to one dealer, Joshua, but you have to do your research! BTW: Welcome to RWG! Start reading......there's a specific forum for each major brand, but by using the

search button and type in "AP ROO" you gonna get a lot if info!

Good luck!

Hike