When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Let's see your GMT's and Explorers!

By-Tor

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Depends on whose 'nipples' we're referring to :lol:

Exhibit A - the most unbelievably cheesy and abhorrent GMT ever - the Burt Reynolds of vintage Rolex - my god can it get any worse???

Two-tone GMT with Nipple dial with 'root beer' insert on Jubilee (one of Andy's obviously)

WARNING - THOSE OF A NERVOUS DISPOSITION SHOULD AVERT THEIR EYES NOW TO AVOI........*AARGH!!!!!! TOO LATE!!!*

pictwo1199hk3.jpg

Some more unorthodox pics - or should I say orthodox?

I wish that I didn't sell the faded bezel a few years ago - stupid stupid me. Somehow I had thought that I had another faded bezel insert in my stockpile.

dsc02349zb5.jpg

dsc02497yr4.jpg

dsc02496qq0.jpg

More...

2GMTs.jpg

Rolex16755513-Mine-1.jpg

GMT_QuickShot.jpg

DSC03866.jpg

GMT.jpg

:o What happened to the lume on the GMT hand? Ok, it's been fixed a long time ago :D

Sweet Euno, never seen shots of your pointed CG GMT! :clap:

Some more unorthodox pics - or should I say orthodox?

I wish that I didn't sell the faded bezel a few years ago - stupid stupid me. Somehow I had thought that I had another faded bezel insert in my stockpile.

dsc02349zb5.jpg

dsc02497yr4.jpg

dsc02496qq0.jpg

More...

2GMTs.jpg

Rolex16755513-Mine-1.jpg

GMT_QuickShot.jpg

DSC03866.jpg

GMT.jpg

:o What happened to the lume on the GMT hand? Ok, it's been fixed a long time ago :D

And, of course, here's one for the peoples...

Che_1675a.jpg

You see Che knew the pleasure of sporting a GMT as God intended....on Oyster :D

Talking of which - TMG, time to change the avatar back perhaps? Might cure you of your Jubilee....well "perversion" is the best word I can think of :p

Euno - my condolences on the pointy guy. Shame.

You see Che knew the pleasure of sporting a GMT as God intended....on Oyster :D

Talking of which - TMG, time to change the avatar back perhaps? Might cure you of your Jubilee....well "perversion" is the best word I can think of :p

Euno - my condolences on the pointy guy. Shame.

Che is back just for you sir! :p

You have no idea how much I hate that avatar. It speaks volumes that I can love you and your watches to bits anyway. ;)

:D I have no affinity for revolutionaries or communists, just that I like the irony that he's wearing a bourgeois symbol.

What's stranger is, somehow my avatar has reverted to the Calico Jack without me changing it???

Magnum (Tom Selleck's) GMT Master... with the only real color combo for the Rolex purists: Pepsi.

MagnumPI-Rolex.jpg

You know, I think that's the actual watch that got me interested in the GMT-Master - I must have been 10 or so and can remember that episode of Magnum (one of my favourites - Hawaii, Ferrari, helicopter, crimefighting....not the Dobermanns though :unsure:) - his father's wasn't it, died in Korea/Vietnam and Magnum had been given it at his funeral. Great episode pretty much all about the watch - must see about getting hold of that.

And look, no Jubilee in sight - just the purists' Oyster! :D

You have no idea how much I hate that avatar.
:huh: what's your problem exactly Vic? That it's portrays a Communist revolutionary? Like TMG I also appreciate the irony of such a man looking for all the world like he could be sitting in some high-backed leather chair in some gentlemans' club off St James', smoking a Romeo Y Julieta with a Rolex on his arm :D

I'm sure if you kept your own avatar the same for more than 48 hours, we too could get the chance to irrationally hate them too :p

:huh: what's your problem exactly Vic? That it's portrays a Communist revolutionary? Like TMG I also appreciate the irony of such a man looking for all the world like he could be sitting in some high-backed leather chair in some gentlemans' club off St James', smoking a Romeo Y Julieta with a Rolex on his arm :D

I'm sure if you kept your own avatar the same for more than 48 hours, we too could get the chance to irrationally hate them too :p

Che was a tired avatar anyhow and now I changed it to my favorite franken project and speaking of the topic at hand -a new pix of my Explorer II ;)

DSCN4548A.jpg

I KNOW THAT, DBR (oops caps lock. Ah well, I'll leave it there).

I just hate looking at that mush anyway.

Hell, you hate them after 3 minutes. You can't fool me! :p

Magnum (Tom Selleck's) GMT Master... with the only real color combo for the Rolex purists: Pepsi.

MagnumPI-Rolex.jpg

Newbie question: Were the 80s Pepsi Subs smaller? Aren't they all one size?

Reason I ask is that the watch looks tiny on Selleck's wrist. Having IMDB'ed for his height, I see he and my father are precisely the same height. But dad's gen Sub covers nearly his whole wrist, and doesn't look small compared to this photo.

Of course, men of similar heights can have different body builds, and Selleck's wrist could be very big, but still...

@TMG: Yay! Lovely pic, is that watch yours?? I think I'll rip off your Che idea, giving it my own spin. Stay tuned. ;)

A VERY worthy substitution :Jumpy:

Some details perhaps? ;)

This is my same franken show before in this thread and in the wrist checks, just a better pix with an antique effect.

My 1655 is a franken of 3 watches; 1 from TTK (the MBK version) I used the movement, dial, bezel and second hand from it and 2 of Andrew's 1655 models, (ROLEXP2002) for the case and Orange hand. Lastly, take it or leave it the caseback from (ROLVIN007) -this was my first 1655 rep and has the correct engraving and better shape so I used it.

The dial was aged and the 24 hour indices extended a little to the edge of the dial. A genuine T116 was installed (glued in place) as well as a set of vintage relumed NOS Omega hour & minute hands from Ofrei (stock# HAN-2752). The stock GMT and seconds hands were recycled and repainted in flat colors plus a vintage lume. The Omega hands are nearly spot on to the real deal Explorer II and really make the watch. The hands are never correct on any of the 1655 reps. To finish it off I have a gen 7836 folded bracelet fitted to it.

All in all, aside from the incorrect beat rate and the date mag being a little too large, I'm quite happy with the results of this project.