When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

now I call it "Ultimate"

Merlin

step by step I built my dream-watch.

I got it as a low beat v1 from trusty in july 07. the first thing to do was to swap the a7750 with a gen swiss ETA7750 from ebay and install german eta day and date wheels from cousins.

than jakub appeared with his AR-service and I joined his 3rd run and received a nearly invisible crystal.

I've been happy with it for a year now - but one thing was still missing: the lume!

Today I installed vaccum's superlumed hands and dial. wow!

Now it's time to enjoy the Flieger and the next days it won't get off my wrist :D

two quick shots of my all-time favorite (lume-shot is "untouched" except cropping)

3717_final_01.jpg

3717_final_02.jpg

all comments are welcome.

Very nice! Think I'd have that on a strap as well.

What grade of ETA7750 did you install? I'm not convinced a C grade is any beter than the A7750. 'specialy used. You'r braver than me buying a &&50 off the bay. You would realy want to know the seller, and where he lives!

Col.

I bought the movement from a trustworthy seller and I'm sure no a7750 is close to the swiss one. I don't have to care when I wind my watch by crown. also I have no problem using the chrono as often I want to. and mine keeps perfect time. And if I have any problem with it I can take the movement out and give it to any watchsmith for a service ^_^

no, the chrono hands are not lumed. the gen looks exactely the same at night ^_^

Everyone I have lumed, I have done the subdial hands as well as the main ones.

The subdial hands are hollow as are the larger ones, and are filled with lume. Normally hands are only hollow for one reason, to fill them with lume.

I have lumed many 3717's over the past couple of years, and this is the first time I have heard that the gen subdial hands are not lumed, I don't believe this is correct.

RG

Zig,

It's correct. The sub-dial hands are not lumed on the gen. Verified it myself in an AD. I previously thought they were as well, which is why I had you add lume to mine. :)

Well that is very bizzare, but actually good to hear. Simply because it's a real bear to try and lume the subdial hands on this model. From now on I won't be luming the subdial hands.

Wonder what the logic was in luming the chrono seconds hands, but not the subdial markers? It really doesn't make much sense.

RG

Well that is very bizzare, but actually good to hear. Simply because it's a real bear to try and lume the subdial hands on this model. From now on I won't be luming the subdial hands.

Wonder what the logic was in luming the chrono seconds hands, but not the subdial markers? It really doesn't make much sense.

RG

also the chrono second hand isn't lumed :mellow: