When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Brick And Mortar Services

caaronb

Hey fellas...about 1 month ago I made the decision to purchase a replica watch. I looked online at a variety of watch sites, came across offers on a variety of auction sites (ioffer), and then stumbled upon this forum about 3 weeks ago.

I looked, I read, I listened, and I finally chose a great watch (Black Ultimate Sub) from Precious Time (good experience). I love my watch and I can tell I'm hooked (now I understand why some of the posts on this forum sound like crack addicts salivating over their goods and vehemently protecting their dealers/sources of smack).

So, I'm looking for my second watch (already have it picked out, as well as my third, fourth, and fifth) and I've got my first in hand. The question I have is - I live in the states, specifically, Southern California. Should I be cautious trying to get my watch serviced at a brick and mortar watch repair shop? I want to get my sub water-proofed and I know a shop down the street does it for $10 but I'm wary of bringing my replica into the shop. Can anyone tell me about any potential dangers of doing so? I know there are some individuals on the forum who can provide these services, but I'd rather drive it down the street than send my watch off in the mail after I so eagerly awaited its arrival.

Thanks for your feedback!

Simple................ask them ;)

A lot of guys get quite worried about this knowing as we do that reps are illegal, but the fact of the matter is nobody can do anything to you once the watch is safe in your grubby little hands, so just waltz up to your watchmaker and say do you mind servicing my rep.......................he can only say no. :)

Much like asking girls out for a date :D

Ken

I agree with what has been said -- just call and ask.

Also, it's often best to ignore repair shops that are inside ADs. Their primary allegiance may be to the brand rather than to you, the customer.

Also, if possible I would prefer to try the shop out on simple tasks to build up my comfort level with them for more complicated repairs.

Perhaps if you mentioned what part (town) of southern California you are in someone here might have a lead for you.