When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

how to swao dial or sawp the omega logo on the UPO

Guest Dr.TuB

I bought an UPO and i want to swap out the dial.

where do i buy a gen dial? or a dial that is accurate

and how do i swap it?

or does anyone know how to swap just he omega logo from the PO and who can i source the dial from with accurate omega logo

thank you

I bought an UPO and i want to swap out the dial.

where do i buy a gen dial? or a dial that is accurate

and how do i swap it?

or does anyone know how to swap just he omega logo from the PO and who can i source the dial from with accurate omega logo

Hey there. I tried to find the post for you...but in my limited time, I couldn't find the one I wanted. Search for it on the Omega section. There was a tutorial outlining how to do the logo swap.

EDITED: I did find it...and Search is my friend - Logo Swap Tutorial

The deal is that the gen dial is expensive. The mod is much cheaper. The UPO dial is great except for the logo. The logo is great on the Silix dial...but the dial isn't.

If I remember correctly, you have to:

• Use the standard Josh/Andrew UPO dial
  • Get another dial with better feet from Silix (Jay)...but some people apparently have been having problems getting this from Jay...saying he won't sell it
  • You flip the back of the dial over and you'll see glue holding 2 feet on the dial
  • Scrape off the glue to free the feet
  • Do the same on the Silix dial
  • Swap logos and reglue with epoxy or whatever

Obviously you'll need tools to decase and remove dials.

For tutorials on dial removal, I just posted one for the Franck Muller which is really similar:

Toad's Guide to a Muller Dial Swap

You can also look at my Ajoesmith repost on doing a movement swap on a Submariner (it's linked in my Noob Guide). It will show you the same principals applied again.

If you want a gen dial...I'm not sure if it fits properly.

Hey there. I tried to find the post for you...but in my limited time, I couldn't find the one I wanted. Search for it on the Omega section. There was a tutorial outlining how to do the logo swap.

EDITED: I did find it...and Search is my friend - Logo Swap Tutorial

The deal is that the gen dial is expensive. The mod is much cheaper. The UPO dial is great except for the logo. The logo is great on the Silix dial...but the dial isn't.

If I remember correctly, you have to:

• Use the standard Josh/Andrew UPO dial
  • Get another dial with better feet from Silix (Jay)...but some people apparently have been having problems getting this from Jay...saying he won't sell it
  • You flip the back of the dial over and you'll see glue holding 2 feet on the dial
  • Scrape off the glue to free the feet
  • Do the same on the Silix dial
  • Swap logos and reglue with epoxy or whatever

Obviously you'll need tools to decase and remove dials.

For tutorials on dial removal, I just posted one for the Franck Muller which is really similar:

Toad's Guide to a Muller Dial Swap

You can also look at my Ajoesmith repost on doing a movement swap on a Submariner (it's linked in my Noob Guide). It will show you the same principals applied again.

If you want a gen dial...I'm not sure if it fits properly.

Gen dial fits perfectly, I have tried the logo swap and just made a mess of things. Finally got too frustrated and swapped for a gen. Added gen hands and could not be happier!

Gen dial fits perfectly, I have tried the logo swap and just made a mess of things. Finally got too frustrated and swapped for a gen. Added gen hands and could not be happier!

Sounds good. I wasn't sure if it would fit, as I don't have UPO and haven't been following the threads too closely. Add in a tube and crown mod, and you will be totally set.

You wouldn't have the part numbers handy for what you did get would you? Someone else was asking for them on another thread based on the header, and it might be good to have the information posted here for cross-referencing ease.

Cheers!