When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

George has finally updated the WM9 Yachtie

watcher

Guest TurleyC

It is really hard to be anal about it, But when comparing it to the GEN, I can see where the crystal meets the case toshow the white thick circle, which is a problem with even the best rollies we've seen in the past, Also the dial markers enamel seem to be a bit bubbly when they are suppose to be flat. These are just assumptions looking at the pics provided.

PS: Any assupmtion on when we should be getting this? I had placed my order through BK.

Edited by TurleyC

I ordered mine quite some time ago direct from george and was told by Allan who usually deals with shipping that it would be early next week so we will see what happens.

I agree about the crystal but I intend to fit a gen in my watch upon arrival. the crystal is the same 295c2 that fits the Sub but uses a different gasket and sits higher above the bezel which probably explains the unpolished edge seen in George's pictures. B)

you're kidding! a seagull mov't!! they swear up & down they use gen eta's. but i really doubt it.

i got a WM9 sub from PT and i've had problems already with the mov't. you should see the date wheels they put in these

reps! they are a paper cut-out, and they fit on top of another date wheel that has smaller numbers. then they have the balls to charge $700.

you're kidding! a seagull mov't!! they swear up & down they use gen eta's. but i really doubt it.

i got a WM9 sub from PT and i've had problems already with the mov't. you should see the date wheels they put in these

reps! they are a paper cut-out, and they fit on top of another date wheel that has smaller numbers. then they have the balls to charge $700.

All Rolex reps and a lot of other reps use overlays on existing DW's! Usually because the original DW is in the wrong position so that does not really say anything about WM9 watches.

Searching the web it does look awfully like the Seagull st26. I'm guessing the hand sizes will be the same as it is a clone of the 2892 so a movement swap is an option should the other fail.

I think BK should ask George for us as he will get a better response hopefully.

my main point is the seagull is a copy and they advertise these watches as

having 'gen swiss etas' and charge alot of $$. if its a copy, they should tell you (theoretically)

and charge less. this YM is about $700. i know, we spend alot on A7750's too sometimes like

with the HB BB. at least we know up front its asian. this copy/clone thing has gotten to be a pet peeve of mine.

i spent alot of $$ fixing my watches with 'swiss' mov't'. the truth is- the cheapo asians DO work well.

Is BT on holiday? keyboard broken? :-)))

Sorry guys... been just very busy with work lately. But now I'm back again. :D

Yes, this looks incredible... there's no denying it. The U-shaped crown guards, excellent crispy looking dial, etc.

The seconds marker at '6 is just a dot, and it's too short. But I doubt it's any kind of issue in real life. Noticeable in these huge photos though.

This is Christmas for the Yachtie fans. Yeah, the prices are what they are, but WM9 has brought Sub and YM to a new level.

Looking forward to watcher's review. Beautiful watch.