When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Slevin - Short Pictorial

siesta181

Hi Guys,

Its not a new watch and similiar mod have been done before but this pictorial is to express my gratitude to members of RWG who has made my 08 grail project a reality.

The Zigmeister for the Nov slot.

Ajoesmith for his 2nd last ETA 7750.

Chad for willing to send a Jakubed Slevin crystal to me.

DSC01142.jpg

DSC01146.jpg

DSC01153.jpg

DSC01150.jpg

The Zigmeister's lumework is amazing. Hard to believe its done by hand. Unbelievable. :notworthy:

Pictures (esp my pictures) dont do this watch justice.

Cheers

Siesta181

I'm drooling whilst looking at those pictures, definitely the next watch on my list, congrats on a beautiful watch!

The IWC ATs are worth getting JUST for the The Zigmeister lume...kind of like certain sausage dial PAMs are worth getting for a The Zigmeister spa treatment. I saw his work on the Graham...SICK!!

Congrats man. Although I thought the factory AR was good enough since the AR on the gen is pretty weak to begin with. In any case, I have a 7750 waiting for the right transplant watch and you may have pushed me over the edge. I think I may get one and be your twin. Its anorexic brother needs a heavy sibling. Welcome to the club Siesta, AT's rule...

Aquatimer7r.jpg

Aquatimer3r.jpg

Thanks guys for all the nice remarks. As a stock rep, I was amazed with the quality but after being "pimped up", its absolutely awesome.

@Toad - Darn... I am trying to get J to pencil me in for April.

@Coolfire - Its the same feeling when you get your 111 from Canada. We really need to catch up soon and admire The Zigmeister masterpieces soon...

@mwee - LOL.....I honestly dont know why you sold your fully modded CD06??? I would have bought it from you if not for this project

@Robbie - Yes, the slevin will do justice to the 7750 movt. Its not heavy when you compare it to the Skylands and what have you out there. To tell you the truth, I actually considered getting a gen AT but I was looking at the Split Minute (me and my movts criteria). Could not justify parting with good money for the Slevin despite it being the nicest looking AT (IMO of coz). So if its a gen AT, it had to be the Split-minute. I must have visited over 50 ADs across 3 countries over a period of 1 year trying to convince myself to buy the Split-Minute but at the end of the day, it just didn't feel right. Colour scheme didn't actually give me a hard-on either. So when I managed to get an appt with The Zigmeister, my AT issue is resolved. You need to get yours as well coz the only thing better than owning 1 AT is owning 2....lol

Cheers

Siesta181

Looks Great Siesta.

Mine looks just like yours minus the lume job and bracelet. Been searching high and low for someone to sell me just the bracelet. But the collectors want 60 plus shipping. Argh!

Going to send it off to The Zigmeister once I secure an appointment.

Just hoping it looks as nice as yours.