When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bracelet for my MBW 1680?

mcdj

Can anyone recommend a seller for just a bracelet? I have an MBW red Sub which came on a rivet bracelet. I prefer something a bit beefier, say a 93150 with 580 ends, but for the life of me I can't seem to find a dealer who sells just the bracelet. I'm less concerned with correctness as I am with quality construction and finish. Thanks!

Someone in the Rolex forum recently (past week or so) posted an inquiry about a new rep website. Sorry, I do not remember the site, so you would need to search through the recent threads to locate it. But I did notice that the site listed individual Rolex rep bracelets for sale. Be careful when ordering from non-RWG listed rep sellers, because experience has shown that what you see often has absolutely no relation to what you may (or may not) get.

Have you tried contacting any of the collectors listed in the Collectors section to see if they can get you a bracelet? If you do contact them, I would suggest being specific about the exact bracelet you want. Otherwise, you are likely to receive little more than silence.

It was my understanding that MBW was going to start putting out a 93150 with the correct hollow mid-links. Chris at Eurotimez was trying to get that bracelet on the Euromariner V3 (A serial#) with the correct 501B end pieces. But things were going slowly on the MBW end. And Chris has had a few setbacks himself lately.

I've put together a few 93150's from parts- Paul's DRSD has a nice correct bracelet with a fantasy clasp and rep 580 end pieces. I swapped out a better clasp with no grooves on the flip-lock but the clasp said 78360- oh well- can't always be perfect. I then used a pair of 593's for my 16800 franken.

A gen is also a possibility- or at least some gen parts- mix and match. You can find clasps and end pieces from time to time on the bay, as well as other bracelet sections, which you can use to build a bracelet.