When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New

sander

As soon as it arrives it will be sent off for graphite treatment and a movement inspection, so hopefully soon we can have some conclusion as to what movement mods have been done to this. I'm not sold by the claim that the movement is much more reliable than the predecessor, a proper replication of the modded IWC movement would be wishful thinking (especially seeing though the gen uses 31 jewels). I am hoping the movement is improved in some way though, otherwise my cynical ways would have been duped by a marketing ploy :)

Updates to follow

looking forward to hearing more about this piece.

sorry, have to ask... what is a graphite treatment?

What's Josh's 'track record'? About to order another Breitling from him...

Lies about their products, advertised as "genuine eta" while it was el-cheapo asian. They offered "servicing" watches for an additional 150$ or so but in reality the watches were the same as the unserviced ones.

On top of that, they are part of a cartel thats working together with certain factories to keep prices high, and they have pressured other dealers to raise their prices. They threatened another dealers in a way that he was afraid of his life at some point. They were also removed from other forums, unfortunately not here, because this Forums Administration thinks that someone who is a childmolester in one country does not necessarily have to be one in another. (meaning because they only pressured the dealer on another forum, they did not remove them here, because it didn't happen in their house) Sad, but thats how it is.

Dont spoil the review Im writing currently ;) But yes you're right, IWC phased the fish out of the 3714. It is correct for the 3714-01/17 models as I believe they came with both, but the 3714-38 came with the later shaped crown as it was released later.

sorry bro! :D Look forward to your review!

The problem with the white dial version, both gold and blue is that they vary so much in different lighting conditions. I have seen pictures of the genuine that make it look horrible, to ones that make it look out of this world beautiful. In the flesh in normal daylight they look stunning. From the pictures I have seen, in natural lighting the gold version looks pretty good, I have yet to see a good shot that shows the true colour of the blue version rep.

Here is a good picture of a modified gold version (courtesy of Avitt)

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...rtuguese+chrono

It will probably be a few weeks as I'm sending it off for a movement teardown review first by a member that has worked on them a fair bit. However, it is taking priority over my law dissertation :)

You can say that I am the member who is waiting fot your watch. It is not a secret :rolleyes:

Please, harry up, many people is waiting for the review ;)

Francisco.

You can say that I am the member who is waiting fot your watch. It is not a secret :rolleyes:

Please, harry up, many people is waiting for the review ;)

Francisco.

haha ok, some people prefer to remain anonymous when working on watches, but yes thanks Francisco, it will be on its way to you. Received tracking last night so it should be with me in between Xmas and New Year hopefully, then it'll be straight out the door to you :)