When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new vintage 6152 Angelus powered self made !

Clint Eastwood

Hello all,

Here i am happy to show you my new vintage i just achieved late weekend.

i have worked on it for the last 2 months, taking my time to do with the bestest finish i can do.

A special thanks to RMC for the big help he give to me a lot of time and make my dream come true by realizing the engraved dial i have in mind for lot of time; thanks also for Dadog for his help, i will not forget it.

First, the pics on the gens i like, this one was in my head for the last two years since i have see it on risti site :

paneristi_6152-1_proto.jpg

paneristi_6152-1_protom.jpg

And others gen pics i like :

6152withbox.jpg

615218.jpg

angalarm3.jpg

angalarm1.jpg

angalarm2.jpg

large-6-10.jpg

egyptian8.jpg

So now , pics of mine :)

First, the dial, it was delivered free of paint, as i wanted, so i paint it using airbrush, resin filled the indices, filled the Marina Militare and Gruppo Gamma with white paint, do the lume, and of course, aged it.

"Gruppo Gamma" is the name of the combat group of the decimas mas in the world war two, a lot of his members was always combat swimmer after the war and instructor for the new group of combat swimmer like for US, Italian or French army, or the kampfschwimmer of the german army.

This dial is of course never be use , but it is a custom one i would like to have a 4 lines dials without the Panerai branding, a big big thank again to R. to have made it for me.

The indice are filled with resin only half the deepnest of the indice holes, like gen as they never be totally filled:

gg1.jpg

gg2.jpg

Case was slimmed, rounded, polished,

Lugs modded to be accurate to gen, very thick,

Single side spring bars i custom made, but it appears for a talk i recently have with a friend that even if lot of book talk about spring bars, gens use the more of time bars without spring, like pin on a bracelet, so don't know but i prefer my springs bars one because i can change the strap easily,

Crown guard modded and better finish made, brushed with polished edges, new big axe made of stainless steel,

Thick domed plexi i reduce in diameter to 41mm to 40mm (with a knife!) and little reduce in height,

Case back i sterilized and brushed in circle, and put on it a dommed plexi back,

Hands relumed as the gen luminous was too fragile and don't want felt off on movement,

High pin made for the second hand and relumed.

Serviced Angelus 240 like new finish, with incabloc instaled, with removed alarm part (you can see a pic of gen on top with this same removing alarm part) ; but my movement will be converted in a non alarm one with a new plate i will made in the next weeks.

Custom brass ring for movement ( thanks again a lot V. :) )

Stem retapered to fit the crown tube,

Crown tube changed,

GPF buckle with a better finish and new tongue made,

Strap is a Simona one i mod and change the buckle for the GPF one,

A new strap will be made in the next week, like gen with the same construction.

Here my pics :

P1010681.jpg

P1010683.jpg

P1010689.jpg

P1010641.jpg

P1010624.jpg

P1010643.jpg

P1010644.jpg

P1010646.jpg

P1010648.jpg

P1010651.jpg

P1010652.jpg

P1010654.jpg

P1010656.jpg

P1010658.jpg

P1010659.jpg

P1010661.jpg

P1010662.jpg

P1010664.jpg

P1010665.jpg

P1010667.jpg

P1010669.jpg

P1010673.jpg

P1010674.jpg

P1010676.jpg

P1010678.jpg

P1010679.jpg

Hope you like it,

Let me know your comments !!!

(For my next project i search cortebert, rolex 618, angelus stem wind and key wind, angelus parts, fiddy crown, so feel free to contact me if you have parts for sale )

Thanks for the nice comments,

I will do more pics of movement this weekend and a drawing who will explain how made the second hand as a lot of members ask me for it;

For the next year, you will be very surprized by the model i plane to madebecause no one have yet made this model, and i will need to full made the case myself :) but cchhuutttt... at this time it's a secret, i just find how do it today :p

For the next year, you will be very surprized by the model i plane to madebecause no one have yet made this model, and i will need to full made the case myself :) but cchhuutttt... at this time it's a secret, i just find how do it today :p

could it be the Egiziano, everything else has been made as a rep from these vintage models? :whistling: