When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Perfect Replicas?

fellfell

Dear friends

I'm an Italian collector of replicas and I think that this hobby is very difficult, because is most difficul to individue a dealer that sell very good product.

Rolex replicas are most curated than the others, but is very very difficult buy a perfect watch, all have some bad particular, es. dial imperfect, bad plated, bad endlink ecc..

About other maisons (es. Patek, Vakeron ecc..), is impossible to buy a decent watch, Royal Oak, Calatrava, Overseas ecc, there are on the business only Chinese replica for 50/100 dollars.

I am discouraged in my passion.

What do you think about my ideas? Have in your esperience find sellers with no imperfect Rolex and good Patek, Vacheron, Breguet ecc..? Have you indications or councils to give ?

Thanks for answers, sorry for my imperfect English

What do you think about my ideas? Have in your esperience find sellers with no imperfect Rolex and good Patek, Vacheron, Breguet ecc..? Have you indications or councils to give ?

A replica is a replica. If you need perfection, you need to spend the extra and buy a genuine watch.

If you want near-perfection, look at the Tag Link Chrono, IWC GST Chrono or some Breitling Navitimers. Also, the cheaper the genuine, the closer the rep, but this isn't always the case.

The new 42mm VC Overseas is also quite accurate from what I understand...

Is this the one with the wrong cross on the dial?

No sir, replica cost 200/300/400 dollars and are product in nations where 300 dollars is the pay of 30 days of labour. The cost of a replica is in China identical as the cost necessary to produce a rel Hamilton that Jewelers sell in europe for 1000 euro ($ 1200). Chinese dealers sell directly to china to you by internet, is really to expect external quality, because the machine is, in more quality replica a ETA replica product NO in swiss but in guanzou.

Sorry, indicate me the site or the seller that have the best replicas in your esperience, thanks.

No sir, replica cost 200/300/400 dollars and are product in nations where 300 dollars is the pay of 30 days of labour. The cost of a replica is in China identical as the cost necessary to produce a rel Hamilton that Jewelers sell in europe for 1000 euro ($ 1200). Chinese dealers sell directly to china to you by internet, is really to expect external quality, because the machine is, in more quality replica a ETA replica product NO in swiss but in guanzou.

Sorry, indicate me the site or the seller that have the best replicas in your esperience, thanks.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand.

Overseas that I have seen have (for exemple a particular) truly oscene maltese cross, a piece of shapeless metal, also a blin person sees that it os fake !

Thanks for nswer

If you honestly believe that anyone can and will spot a fake VC Overseas, maybe you shouldn't buy reps.

91633-28164.jpg

91633-28165.jpg

A blind man can spot these as fakes?

Getting worked up about replica makers not making "perfect" reps is like getting mad at Holiday Inn for not being as fancy as Ritz-Carlton . . . to some degree you have to accept that in life, you pays youse money and makes youse choices. Yeah, the better they get the better for us but it seems a little weird to get in arms about it. You can buy fake watches if you like what you see, or you can not. It's not like they're watering down baby formula or something.

Frankly, some of the reps (Pams, the FA Jones) are scary close considering they are 1/20th to 1/50th the price of the gen. And the fake Rolexes are pretty good at often 1/20th or less although I agree that once you start paying $400-500 they should be better than pretty good. I'm just not outraged about it. I have occasionally gotten worked up about people using the term "perfect," but that's another story.

Edited by kanerich

If you mean replicas that are well put together,. such as aligned dials, solid stainless steel, ect...

The availability of such watches with Perfect QC are highly elusive...

It took me three years of much buying.. but I have now 10 almost perfect

specimens...

Panerai 196, 212, Vulcain Gmt Alarm, Omega SMP 2000, Iwc Gst & Jones, Breitling GT,

and JLC alarm, are some of the best that I have owned out of 100 or so..

Accuracy, is an idea, I that I keep my eye on,.. but it's not my main concern...

To me, nothing speaks louder than Quality Control in manufacturing, Careful Assembly,

and quality of Materials... ;)

I think the OP's overarching point is that the don't put the same attention to detail into dress watches that they put into Panerai's, rolexes, and IWC's, etc. They're getting better and there are lots of nice dress watch reps out there, but I would still love to see someone throw a "Perfect" Sub level of detail orientation ino a JLC for example...just to see what it would look like.

Sir, cancel the word "perfection", we speek of "value for money". A replca is a watch that value the price? If on the dial is not Rolex but a generic marque, in store pay you it 200 300 400 dollars (or 1000 for idealwatches version)?

I do'nt expect the perfection, or an absolutely identical retort to originates it them, naturally, but watchess that they are worth what they cost .

I think that the vendors have gain too much, selling those that is worth 50 to 200 300 400 ecc.. only because prints on dial crown rolex. For those prices they could make better. Or not?

I think that the vendors have gain too much, selling those that is worth 50 to 200 300 400 ecc.. only because prints on dial crown rolex.

See, they are just like real Rolexes! :bangin:

But seriously, the economics of making and selling reps has been covered a lot on this site and others. Suffice it to say, yes, people pay more for Chinese watches if they are fakes of more valuable gens, yes, the dealers on this site and others try to make money (the swine!), yes, it's possible to make better reps. No, that doesn't mean anything illegal is going on. Well, except for the whole enterprise I guess. Hope that helps! You might considering writing your representative in Parliament and ask him to do something about getting better counterfeit products for your money, I hear that gets the ball rolling sometimes.

Sir, cancel the word "perfection", we speek of "value for money". A replca is a watch that value the price? If on the dial is not Rolex but a generic marque, in store pay you it 200 300 400 dollars (or 1000 for idealwatches version)?

I do'nt expect the perfection, or an absolutely identical retort to originates it them, naturally, but watchess that they are worth what they cost .

I think that the vendors have gain too much, selling those that is worth 50 to 200 300 400 ecc.. only because prints on dial crown rolex. For those prices they could make better. Or not?

Welcome to the land of "almost perfect"!!!! Perhaps your experience with junk reps has been had in the usual places, street vendors, rogue internet sites etc but this is the finest portal to as good as it gets in replica watches I have found in almost 5 years of high end buying. This is not to suggest everything sold by the associated dealers here is of top quality, there is the obligitory selection of 'wear it 6 times a year $88 asian low quality stuff but, if you stick around and listen to the experience here, there are some absolutely fabulous 98% plus accurate, high quality pieces to be had. Yes, the Vacheron Overseas is one of the most accurate replicas available, (right down to inherent problems with the design of the bracelet that the genuine shares!) having been replicated directly from a genuine case. The Breitling Bentley GT is amazing in it's weight and detail. The IWC GST Chrono has won high praise from the most exacting of critics here, and the list of surpurlative copies goes on and on. But this is not a hobby that claims perfection in every copy. I have yet to find a Patek replica worth buying. The search for a Rolex Seadweller with an accurate HRV goes on. Those Daytona replicas with running seconds at 6 oclock fail at an unacceptable rate.

So dont be discouraged but don't be too skeptical here also. Take the advice to visit the dealer's section and decide for yourself.

Welcome to the land of "almost perfect"!!!! Perhaps your experience with junk reps has been had in the usual places, street vendors, rogue internet sites etc but this is the finest portal to as good as it gets in replica watches I have found in almost 5 years of high end buying. This is not to suggest everything sold by the associated dealers here is of top quality, there is the obligitory selection of 'wear it 6 times a year $88 asian low quality stuff but, if you stick around and listen to the experience here, there are some absolutely fabulous 98% plus accurate, high quality pieces to be had. Yes, the Vacheron Overseas is one of the most accurate replicas available, (right down to inherent problems with the design of the bracelet that the genuine shares!) having been replicated directly from a genuine case. The Breitling Bentley GT is amazing in it's weight and detail. The IWC GST Chrono has won high praise from the most exacting of critics here, and the list of surpurlative copies goes on and on. But this is not a hobby that claims perfection in every copy. I have yet to find a Patek replica worth buying. The search for a Rolex Seadweller with an accurate HRV goes on. Those Daytona replicas with running seconds at 6 oclock fail at an unacceptable rate.

So dont be discouraged but don't be too skeptical here also. Take the advice to visit the dealer's section and decide for yourself.

AMEN!!! :yeah:

Who could add anything to this? :clap:

Alex

Sir I do'nt speak english very well and I do not know if I have understood well your message, but yours is one intelligent answer. I do not want to despise the replicas, indeed, he has posted to Eddielee in order to acquire an retort (but he has not answered to me). I am a consumer as you and would want not to be scammed but to obtain a good ones value for money, better to pay more of 100 dollars that to have one scam Thanks for you opinion

Sir I do'nt speak english very well and I do not know if I have understood well your message, but yours is one intelligent answer. I do not want to despise the replicas, indeed, he has posted to Eddielee in order to acquire an retort (but he has not answered to me). I am a consumer as you and would want not to be scammed but to obtain a good ones value for money, better to pay more of 100 dollars that to have one scam Thanks for you opinion

I'm not sure if I follow you but let me tell you that one of the true advantages of RWG is the security blanket...you will not be scammed by one of our dealers, that is, you'll get exactly what you paid for. If you paid $88 you'll get the $88 watch...no more, but certainly no LESS. The same goes for high end pieces...$200 and up.

I assume that your concerns stems from the fact that you would not like (at all) to be spotted wearing a replica, hence your questions about what are the 'perfect' replicas no one can tell. I'm telling you this because I had the same questions and concerns.

Keep two things in mind:

1) nothing gets close to the real deal (consciously or subconsciously...because we know we are wearing a replica, so we can BS everybody else but not ourselves)

2) you won't find anybody going around with a jewelers magnifier checking people's wrists, crown guard shape, indentation on the crown, the sharpness and size of one letter on the dial versus the genuine...etc etc

Having said this, it is much easier to spot an $88 watch than a $450 piece...once you get to that level you do want to forget (from time to time) that what you are wearing is a replica.

So my advice, is to do a lot of research, read the reviews and especially the opinion from people like By-Tor, Ubi, Pug etc...Also, get a copy online of the Replica Watch Report!!! you must read it before you embark on this journey!!! I paid a price for that buying nice but non accurate watches... (i.e. Lange & Sohne flyblack crono...impossible to replicate...JUST IMPOSSIBLE to rep L&S craftmanship and finish) :black_eye:

My own list:

Joshua's Perfect Sub

TW Sea Dweller

MBW Milgaus

VC overseas

Omega PO 4th gen 42mm

Omega PO XL 5th gen

and

Patek 5053 (?)

Best regards

I hope this helps :victory:

Alex