When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Glashutte Senator Sixties

b16a2

Movement guru's among us, this is advertised as an Asian Handwind movement, would that mean it's the Unitas movement that is found in the Asian Pams? Here's a pic....

1918-2922_sml6.jpg

Apart from the hour hand being slightly too long, and the movement being auto on the gen, it's not a bad rep for the money!

1918-2922_sml10.jpg

That is not a unitas copy, what is the size of the case, i would su pect that is the normal 21j with a new top bridge and the auto winder removed, and a very nice swans neck regulator built on, looks very nice i would like to see this movement in the flesh.

Interesting piece.. Clean, classic looks. I really like the numbers style on this one!

It appears the movement is actually engraved, not only stickers..

There are several Chineese/ Japanese 17J hand wound movements, some of them are used in cheap (100 USD) replicas like this Movado:

4.jpg

Thanks for the replies, the case size is around 40mm, and yes it's 118USD, here is the link;

http://www.timeshops.net/GL5503_-_Glashutt...g_1918-2922.htm

I've been eyeing the GO's over on Timezone and their elegance is really starting to grow on me, I think I may make a purchase on this soon, it would make a nice little dress watch for me.

Just did a quick comparison.

Front

Yellow - this area shows the gens hour hand is shorter than the rep

Blue - this area shows the text is slightly bolder on the gen

Orange - this area shows the lume dots don't have a border on the gen, whereas the rep has a black border around them

Red - this line shows the lume batons are roughly the same length given that they pass roughly at the same point on the lume marker at 5

I think some of the inconsistencies in the number fonts, especially at 3 are due to a distortion by the crystal

GO1.jpg

Back

Not going to do a comparison here, the differences are huge, but the movement does look nicely finished for 118USD!

Untitled-1copy.jpg

I'm going to regret saying this I know but I like this watch even though it's German. In fact I think the replica improves upon the original, at least in terms of the hands - the thinner structure looks much classier. On the gen it looks like they stole the hands from a Datejust.

The gen is really nice in the flesh. My best friend has one (the rose/black dialed version) and I wore it once out to dinner to check it out. Really cool. Surprsisingly so. Looks like a trillion dollars with a black Collezioni shirt with the cuffs rolled up one notch. ;)

I'm getting so I like more and more simple watches which is why I will probably get a strapped dress watch along these lines as my next purchase - leaning heavily towards a VC Patrimony Traditionelle though, but I do like these alot still...