When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

We win the World Junior Hockey again...

RWG Technical

Although I did play hockey as a kid, I am not a fan today due to the amount of violence, "I went to the fights, and a hockey game broke out..."

Just finished watching the Junior gold medal match, and nice to see that we won GOLD for the 5th year in row. One of the players is the son of my old school chums, so that is really nice.

Great game, and great sport when it's a sport and not a goon match. Tonight's game could teach a lot to what they call the "Professional NHL league".

Well done Canada.

RG

Congratulations!

This past week my nephews were in the midwest playing a big tournament (Honey somethingorother Hams or something) and it's a pretty big deal... their team is the Alaska All-Stars. They won the tournament, and my nephew scored!

Hopefully some day they can keep going and wind up at the level of play Ziggy's describing. And I'm all for the quality of play you see there, it's so much more fun to watch than the goon leagues.

Ahh, the good ol' days.

I used to play hockey in junior leagues.

Goal.

NO helmet...No facemask... got the scars to prove it.

When ever any kind of fight would break out... the coaches would tear us apart

and kick the [censored] out of us...themselves.

Ahhh, the memories.

Hockey = best sport in the world.

And the only North American sport (besides basketball) that really matters outside the US/Canada. Say what you want about NHL... but it might be the best and most international sports league in the world.

I was rooting for my fellow Scandos, but congrats to Canada anyway. Well deserved... that semifinal against Russia was a thriller.

Canada rules at hockey. Its nice to see that after a few "lean" years, Hockey Canada has started to take these international tournaments seriously again. We used to win all the time, but when we started allowing the europeans to play in our junior leagues, our dominance slipped. With the Olympics putting international hockey back in the spotlight, we decided to put more resources behind our teams, both junior and pro, and the results speak for themselves.

Congrats Team Canada, you played as expected, with pride, heart and true grit!