When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A VC beauty from Watchmark

URkuk

Ordered this VC on Dec 30 from Mark at Watchmark. Mark ships real fast, the watch arrived today ( Jan 6)

I am more than pleased, it has a beautiful dial, a nicely decorated 21J Asian movement and a decent strap

Here are some pics

0106vc2.jpg

0106vc1.jpg

0106vc.jpg

And the price was only $98.00 US dollars with free shipping..:)

What a deal! Mark is great dealer

Bill

Nice buy,

one tip, if you can open this baby up, remove the gold colored stickers. Above a certain temperature they come off, and going to mess up your movement, which is in fact pretty decent and reliable.

Thanks for the tip..I really like this watch so it will go to The Zigmeister for full service. Now that I know the stickers can come loose

I think it will live in the watchbox until it visits The Zigmeister in March ( except for today I cant seem to take it off) :)

I'll let The Zigmeister deal with removing the stickers as I have the watchmaker skills of a gorilla;)

Bill

Use PVA to cover the gold letters and they should stay for ever

Kind regards. Marc.

Thanks Marc,

I will suggest that to The Zigmeister, the gold is pretty it would be a shame to take it off if not necessary..

I know my limits so I leave delicate work to the pros...

I can build you a race car motor but not a watch:)

Bill

These are very beautiful, but under appreciated. I think it's really one of the most affordable super reps in town. The only flaw is the upside-down days on the left subdial. Here is the gen:

vc02zd3.jpg

dsc01737yt8tj6.jpg

cimg2250su1.jpg

The dial catches the light so perfectly, it twinkles...

There may ( or may not) be a problem with the power reserve indicator..I am not sure if it is faux or is real..

The needle on mine does not appear to be moving... but I can live with that:)

I see what you mean about the days...I can live with that also:)

Thanks for the tip..I really like this watch so it will go to The Zigmeister for full service. Now that I know the stickers can come loose

I think it will live in the watchbox until it visits The Zigmeister in March ( except for today I cant seem to take it off) :)

I'll let The Zigmeister deal with removing the stickers as I have the watchmaker skills of a gorilla;)

Bill

Double check with The Zigmeister, as if I remember right, I don't think he really services the Asian movements...not worth it to be honest. The problem is that the movements cost less to replace than to service without the same robustness as the A7750 from what I understand. He may prove otherwise though...

I sent an email to Jennifer and asked if he would do it.. The power reserve indicator does not work, it starts to move up then flops down again...something is amiss but as long as it runs I guess I can't complain to much for 98 bucks:)

Probably not worth shipping it back to Mark but I'll ask him

Bill

Your correct Toad I checked the service info document from The Zigmeister and he does not work on Asian Automatics..

I will see what Mark says

Bill

Your correct Toad I checked the service info document from The Zigmeister and he does not work on Asian Automatics..

I will see what Mark says

What I've found is...that for the watches I want to keep that cost >$250...I'll have The Zigmeister service them. For the ones that are fun but I'm not crazy about...I'll just buy a replacement when it dies...or buy something new.

For the cheap ones...~$100...either get a replacement movement from Mark, or Peter or the others that deal in parts...and have fun learning to do it yourself...or go to a local smith who will likely do a movement replacement if you give them the movement...vs. The Zigmeister who I would only trust for the complicated chrono servicing or lume work.

What I've found is...that for the watches I want to keep that cost >$250...I'll have The Zigmeister service them. For the ones that are fun but I'm not crazy about...I'll just buy a replacement when it dies...or buy something new.

For the cheap ones...~$100...either get a replacement movement from Mark, or Peter or the others that deal in parts...and have fun learning to do it yourself..

hehe You don't me me very well:)

I have the dexterity and grace of a fire hydrant. My wife is amazed when I can walk across the room without breaking something. I'll contact Mark and ask for a solution. I know a local watchmaker who may do the job if I provide the movement.

Its a pretty watch and I would love for it to run for a few years..

I can live with the non working power reserve indicator as long as it is not an indication of a more serious problem

It will be interesting to see if it changes the day and date tonight

I am kind of disappointed to receive a watch with a problem but I suppose that is an inevitable part of this addiction

Bill

I have had this same watch for a couple weeks...watcheden...

The VC 1755 Jubile ...

I like it soooo much that i'll probably spring for the RG version when i can...ahhhhh - soooo many watches to buy, so little time............

It is absolutely one of the best finds in this crazed hobby...i have received many compliments already...and it looks at good with jeans/sweater as it does with the starchy white shirt/tie!...

Besides the dial and the overall quality look/feel, i like the bead on the bezel...nice touch...

My power reserve does work...i had a problem with it stopping due to my second hand being dangerously close to the crystal...i had a local watchsmith try to work on it...but he couldn't get out one of the screws...with whatever he did, the second hand must have moved slightly -- in now runs flawlessly...

enjoy the watch as much as i do...

R-