When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watches with Royal blue dial similar to rollie sub

blue_sphere

Since Rolex is apparently phasing out thier gorgeous blue for the baby blue I am needing to look elsewhere. If anyone has some good suggestions I would love to see them!

Anything similar to the blue on the Rolex Submariner is a go!

Try the Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra

Trusty has them here, but his pictures really do not do it justice.

Try the Panerai Special edition series "Firenze"

Here is my DSN 229,

p9263219cg0.jpg

There is also the GMT version, as far as I know the Chrono was never rep'd

I think there have been upgraded versions with other dealers and thier dials seems a tad darker than mine which sounds like it what you after.

Hope this helps

ST4

You could try the IWC Portuguese Laureus and the Spitfire Laureus. I couldn't find any decent pics that show the blue...but they're both quite nice. I don't know if the Porto is available in blue with the improved movement...or if the 29j movement is worth getting...the verdict is still out on that one.

The SMP Chrono has a nice blue dial as well...and I believe there are some Breitling Navitimers with blue dials as well.

As far as the irridescent blue like a blue Rollie serti dial...I'm not so sure. The wave effect on the SMP Chrono is nice...and with inaccurate Chief AR (gen of this particular model has no AR) it really pops out!! The Breitlings in blue probably have the closest look of the rolli.

I would take a look at the SOH and SOH Chrono in blue dial by Breitling.

Toad as always your wisdom is appreciated.

You are a gentleman and a scholar sir. I will check those out.

Anyone else have suggestions?

I've got a review of the Omega SMP Chrono. There's links in there to other member posts on the watch. It's an excellent rep...so good in fact I spent the money to have The Zigmeister service it and put in a gen tube and crown.

I was very tempted by the blue Laureus Spitfire. I love the caseback on this one...and there's a pic of the blue Navitimer in my Guide on Influencing Beautiful Women (it's a gen mind you). ;)

None of these listed are really the same type of Royal Blue...but they might get you in the ball park.

I have a Breitling superocean (not the steelfish). The dial is a very brilliant blue. I couldn't say whether that blue is captured in the rep.

Good suggestion. Even the Steelfish is a good suggestion is well.

Spidey's suggestion for a Tag is good as well. Read By-Tor's Aquaracer review...nice piece!

Try the Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra

Trusty has them here, but his pictures really do not do it justice.

Yeah, I had one for a while. Nice rep with nicely decorated Seagull 2892 clone. Note that I had a blue Sirtoli Ostrich strap on it to swap from the SS. BTW, Sirtoli straps are just the best. Expensive, but worth every penny. Nicest aftermarket dress strap maker I have ever found. Anyway, never shot the watch other than the trade thread pics, but here are a few snaps...

Untitled-11.jpg

Untitled-4.jpg

Untitled-8-1.jpg

Untitled-RWI.jpg

BT is the champini, I'm just a photo chump compared to him. I have had the pleasure of having some handsome subjects to pose for me though...

You're way too modest.

You take superb natural light photos.