When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dewitts - not popular on the board, but should they be?

fotoman

well, i got a present for my former boss who is trying to help me nail down a new gig of one of the 2 tone dewitt super reps.

I got to try on the Gen when i was recently in St Marteen. First, i didn't realize it was a 30k watch. But, it looked cool. It was a little too much for my tastes in its combo of bling and flash especially with gold

anyway - i wanted to get him something cool, and he has a few reps but really wasn't interested in getting more after he got a PAM that was DOA a few years back -

anyway, i took it to him today and we went to lunch and he wore the watch. And for the first time i got to catch a glimps of it across a table on a wrist in the real world - anyway - its a really cool looking watch, Very impressive look

also, if you have never seen it in action, they have this windmill thing going on seconds at 9. Every 15 seconds the dial is totally black, then its like pirate flag looking :) its a neat little twist.

anyway for those that can carry that look with the rose gold ect ect and can pull off pricey watches - i would recommend this to a friend in a heartbeat = I know someone was selling one that kept going down in price on the used market - i think that has some to do with the economy and some to do with the unfamiliarity with the brand - but if your on the fence, or if you want something unique that someone is not likely to pick out on their own - it can be a real head turner

Heres a vid I found of what he's talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_TVVwkBguU...feature=related

Its just the sub dial I guess. When he said whole watch.. that would of been cool (kinda like all black like the HBB Midnight)

-H

again, i blame the drugs i'm on for my throwing out my back last week :)

DOH - yeah its just the subdial :) i think for a moment i was thinking of a fossil watch i used to have that the whole dial did change color :)

I love the Dewitts.

I have the same one in Rose Gold Ti with windmill seconds - got it from Josh some time back....wore it once...and it's been sitting in the watchbox since (got Grahams soon afterwards and never got around to wearing the Dewitt).

Excellent finish....a super rep for sure. Hmmm.....maybe I should sell it to fund my UN :p

I love the Dewitts.

I have the same one in Rose Gold Ti with windmill seconds - got it from Josh some time back....wore it once...and it's been sitting in the watchbox since (got Grahams soon afterwards and never got around to wearing the Dewitt).

Excellent finish....a super rep for sure. Hmmm.....maybe I should sell it to fund my UN :p

Always lusted for one mate...but never got about to procuring one... Pls don't put it for sale soon, cos i'm broke now... :p

Thanks guys. I never knew the DeWitt had all that going on in the sub-dial area. Do the rep's sub-dial permutation look just like the gen. I noticed the video title seemed mentioned rep. :) It would be pretty damn obvious and a more than gentle reminder if you saw a subdial flashing rep every 30 seconds. :lol:

I love the Academia from back when the available reps looked like they were from canal st. The problem is being able to pull one off. While most have no clue what a DeWitt is and most would probably think it is a bargin bin watch(the name is not widely known) if you were to run into someone who knew the brand would they believe you were wearing a $30k watch?

Guest HaloArchive
Thanks guys. I never knew the DeWitt had all that going on in the sub-dial area. Do the rep's sub-dial permutation look just like the gen. I noticed the video title seemed mentioned rep. :) It would be pretty damn obvious and a more than gentle reminder if you saw a subdial flashing rep every 30 seconds. :lol:

Im fairly sure that the Gen does the same thing. Although, some people most likely wont be satisfied with it because you'll get:

"Oh noes!111 de windz-millz is offish by a WH0l3!!111 0.0004158151000484mm" :o:doh:

I tried on an Academia while in San Francisco earlier this year. Very striking, but not for me.

Even if I could afford it, it would only be a very, very rare occasion type of watch.

But I must say, Pho, you treat your (former) boss very, very well.

believe me the value in the relationship flowed to me.

he is trying to put pressure on a firm to hire me now at twice the salary as when i left him. In my world its not a typical boss employee relationship, i'm more kind of part of the family.

and no its not the mob :)