When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob?

preacher62

Would someone please explain the notion of "noob". Sometimes it seems to be a noun...and sometimes an adjective...I've even seen it as a verb, I think. Is it an acronym?

Yeah...... all of them ....... I think ..... :huh:

A noobmariner is a submariner rep from a certain factory which when it came out had many improved features (accurate crown guards spring to mind) and the name was coined - I believe to satisfy the age old question asked by noobs (new members) 'who sells the best sub rep?'

I believe the name was invented by fellow and esteemed member 'Pugwash'

Thanks to all for responses. Thought it might be something like new...bee.

Guess I'm a noob. Been messing with watches for a long time and have built a few, but have not been into reps...am now.

Watch below is my latest project. It began life as a genuine fake Rolex, from Cancun. A friend gave me the empty case and bracelet. I added the leather strap and deployant clasp. I put in a Hangzhou 6300...I think...although, the perveyor insists it is gen ETA 2824-2 (btw, it does run in +- 3 sec/day). Case tube and crown were gone so I had to replace them and it had had a DG 2813 so I had to remove and replace the mag lens. I took pics when I completed work and did not clean the watch up. Sorry for the dirty watch.

I'm interested in reps. Was led to your site. Am enjoying the forum.

MT

post-19305-1231616080_thumb.jpg

post-19305-1231616164_thumb.jpg

Edited by preacher62

Thanks to all for responses. Thought it might be something like new...bee.

Guess I'm a noob. Been messing with watches for a long time and have built a few, but have not been into reps...am now.

Watch below is my latest project. It began life as a genuine fake Rolex, from Cancun. A friend gave me the empty case and bracelet. I added the leather strap and deployant clasp. I put in a Hangzhou 6300...I think...although, the perveyor insists it is gen ETA 2824-2 (btw, it does run in +- 3 sec/day). Case tube and crown were gone so I had to replace them and it had had a DG 2813 so I had to remove and replace the mag lens. I took pics when I completed work and did not clean the watch up. Sorry for the dirty watch.

I'm interested in reps. Was led to your site. Am enjoying the forum.

MT

Glad you've found us! I'm sure you've been reading a ton...you'll be building with the best of them in no time I'm sure!! :)