When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

At what time does your A7750 change day and date?

vmena

My 7750's starts at about 10/10:30 and flicks over at 12, more or less....

My only watch with a day is my Porsche chrono, and that flicks over at between 2-3 AM, never really noticed when if first moves....

As long as the date switches near midnight and I wake up the next day with the right day/date I am happy ^_^

It is not an instant flick date change, but a rolling one. It is the way the movement is designed, be it Swiss or Asian.....

It is also the reason you should never try to adjust the day/date when the hour hand is between 9-3, to be safe. Otherwise you could mess up the date change gears and break something!

Cheers! B)

Do you have any clue if an ETA7750 behaves the same? My 2824 in my franken DJ changes at 00:00!!! and the SFSO changes around 00:00 also... same with the 2836 in my MBW Sub. Maybe I'm too picky ;)

Yes...the gen ETA/Valjoux 7750 behaves the same way and has the same restrictions on changing the date. If you search for gen manuals with the 7750 here...I remember sometime back there were posts on this. You can look for info on this with posts by the user The Zigmeisterzumba. Look for any post of his, and then look at the links to his articles in his signature.

That's the beauty of the reps. You can spend 15x more...but you'll STILL get the same restrictions and performance as its Asian counterpart. :)

A 2824/2836 movement is nothing like the 7750 and thus has the quick date changeover.