When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Josh's Panerai 251 Daylight - Near Perfect?

Craytonic

Wow, I just finished looking at pictures of Josh's new 251. As far as I know he is the only dealer with this watch. The back appears to be correct, and it is also "TACHYMETRE" as it should be. I am relatively certain this will be my next watch, the only issue I see is the date wheel. Anyone else have thoughts?

Dial markers do appear a little rounder and more mother or pearl on gen.

Cray

Gen:

92819-27902.jpg

Rep:

92819-27903.jpg

Gen:

92819-27904.jpg

Rep:

92819-27905.jpg

Looks like a good rep. What I see though:

From the front, the date font is way off and too recessed. Dial font is not exactly correct, being too thin and large and with little serifs. Luminous round markers are too large. Missing polished ring under bezel. Bezel engravings look a bit large to me, but could just be the photo. Crown of course doesn't look right, but that goes without saying.

i have this on the way from eddielee........seriously.....do you think someone will notice the date font and dial marker size without seeing side by side with gen? maybe they will think the gen is fake LOL! good enough to fool just about anyone without side by side and a very sharp eye i think... :3a:

Looks like a good rep. What I see though:

From the front, the date font is way off and too recessed. Dial font is not exactly correct, being too thin and large and with little serifs. Luminous round markers are too large. Missing polished ring under bezel. Bezel engravings look a bit large to me, but could just be the photo. Crown of course doesn't look right, but that goes without saying.

I can live with those flaws. What I really care is the case. If it's like 2nd generation case, then it really sucks :yu:

I can live with those flaws. What I really care is the case. If it's like 2nd generation case, then it really sucks :yu:

I agree: 1st gen case, I'm in. 2nd gen, no go. flavor flav, can you let us know when yours arrives?

ETA 7753 version (I think Josh and others already have these) won't have a problem with deep/recessed date wheel, as there is no modification of the movement necessary.

Wow, I just finished looking at pictures of Josh's new 251. As far as I know he is the only dealer with this watch. The back appears to be correct, and it is also "TACHYMETRE" as it should be. I am relatively certain this will be my next watch, the only issue I see is the date wheel. Anyone else have thoughts?

Dial markers do appear a little rounder and more mother or pearl on gen.

Cray

Gen:

93029-27818.jpg

Rep:

93029-27819.jpg

Gen:

93029-27820.jpg

Rep:

93029-27821.jpg

here are pictures from the gens !!!

rudi

post-2464-1153903832_thumb.jpg post-2464-1153903904_thumb.jpg

hello,

the white dial version is spelling tachymetre and the black dial version is spelling tachymeter, see at their homepage. www.panerai.com

but maybe the white dial version on their homepage is the prototyope and the ones that go out for sale have the spelling tachymeter!

best wishes

olreon

I don't really care about the 'tachymetre' or 'tachymeter'. The 7750 date window is soo wrong that it will be picked out first rather than the spelling error. I reckon the best one yet is the 7753 (even though the date font is incorrect). PAM 251 is a very very nice piece. Even better than the 188. This is one watch I wish to get as a genuine. It is such a beauty.

well well.. it's only one word... no.. it's ONLY 2 alphabets to be exact that is misplaced. =P

It's two different languages though. French and English. If one of those is your native tongue, it's a glaring mistake.

Oh, and when I say glaring, I mean only to a WIS.