When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ingy or VCO

chronomaster

VCO or Ingy--which is the better rep?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. I can only buy so many of these high-end reps before my GF notices. Gotta make'em count.. what do you think?

• Double AR Ingenieur
    • Double AR VC Overseas

Though I undoubtedly have no need for it, I really want to grab a new Ingy or VCO (black face). Probably from Silix.

My problem is that I'm unsure how great these really look when they're on. they look great in the case. However, I've seen pics of people with Ingy's and they look odd on the wrist. The VCO.. well.. there just arent many pics of people wearing them, period.

I'm also toying with the idea of getting the double-ar titanium ingenieur. It's different... afterall.. I already have several nice stainless pieces.

Anyone have any thoughts?

There is a nice black face Ingy for sale in the watch sales. Dude just put it up today but I can't remember his name now!! Have a look in there, I'm pretty sure he said it was unworn and had just been serviced. Gotta be a good starting place.

Have to say I'm an Ingy fan, but the VCO just has that "thing" about it,it oozes class.

There is a nice black face Ingy for sale in the watch sales. Dude just put it up today but I can't remember his name now!! Have a look in there, I'm pretty sure he said it was unworn and had just been serviced. Gotta be a good starting place.

Have to say I'm an Ingy fan, but the VCO just has that "thing" about it,it oozes class.

Exactly--great watch for biz and biz-casual. Thanks for the pointer. By the time I found that thread, it was sold. Damn fanatics. :)

Anyway, I saw some grumbling about the new VCO's build quality.. the strap in particular. Has that gotten better, or is it luck-of-the-draw?

I have both. The Ingy has more of a high tech/industrial feel, chunky and solid. The VCO is more elegant and nautical in inspiration, with a thinner, less obtrusive profile.

For a while the VCO (white dial as pictured in a previous post) was the dressy watch in my collection, but has been largely replaced by a Royal Oak Jumbo (yet another Gerald Genta design) and Breitling Evo.

I sometimes cool toward the Ingy's unconventional look when it sits in my watch box, but then fall in love all over again when I put it on my wrist.

Both are great watches, but it depends on what you are looking for. As much as I appreciate it, my VCO has become one of my least worn watches and I may end up selling it.

I have to vote for the Ingy.

Thanks everyone for the pictures, links, and advice.

I decided to go with the ingenieur. Not because the IWC won the poll by a landslide, but because I think the ingy is more flexible. .. and it's really grown on me over the past week or so.

That, and I think the VCO looks better on older guys. That band is very regal and classy... I don't think I'm ready to rock that yet:)

I'll post pics of the ingy when she arrives!