When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Feast on a few pics of the new novelties for 2009!

Guest asim

Greetings,

Hope you guys are well. I just went onto the members page on the IWC website and what do we see? Yep, the new collection. I shall post as much as I can with some eye candy and personal views.

First up:

Da Vinci Pep Calender

Digital Date-Month

Ref. IW3761

img_davinci_end.jpg

I love the look of it. It is bold and sophisticated. Unfortunately the Da Vinci line was never a super seller for IWC but I HAVE seen two people wear the gen. (I used to work for Fraser Hart, an IWC AD in N.London)

CASEBACK:

img_davinci_back1.jpg

That is a beautiful caseback to look at, no doubt. Kylie style.

Next up:

Da Vinci Perpetual Calendar

Edition Kurt Klaus

Ref. IW3762

img_davinci_large.jpg

YES please!! I love this one, what a great choice of dial colour. And there is something magical about the Red Gold that IWC use. Rolex use this pinky pinky gold, whereas IWC use this striking red gold that stands out and really makes a piece stand out with elegance but still somehow discreet.

img_DV_kurt_klaus_back_large.jpg

Ok, we all love Kurt Klaus for the calender, but having him on the caseback? Not my cup-of -tea. No diss, just saying.

Ok lets get to the Portuguese family:

Portuguese Minute Repeater

Ref. IW5449

img_portugieser_large.jpg

Looks good? Yes. IWC running out of ideas? Also, Yes. Don't get me wrong, it does look fantastic, but people who bought the Repeater say last year, would be thinking well, "I don't see much innovatively different from having the secs positioned from "9" to "6"

But still, a good looker..

caseback:

img_minirep.jpg

We are moving fast into the Ingy family and you are in for a happy surprise. I don't know whether all will like this but I am in love!

Big Ingenieur Chronograph

Ref. IW3784

45.5 mm

img_bigingeneuer_large.jpg

This model will definitely cater for those who felt the older Ingy Chronos were left behind. Now they get what they asked for (start saving)

img_ingenieur_large.jpg

Here come the usual L.E.'s:

Ingenieur Automatic Mission Earth

Ref. IW3236

46 mm

img_mission_earth_large.jpg

Looks rugged, looks tough and elegantly sporty.. looks like a solid Ingenieur. Shame it's L.E., they should continue that dial and perhaps with a smaller case.

Big Pilot

Edited by asim

Thanks for the tour. I do hope they rep that Deep 2 (among others). :)

They have done an amazing job with the DeepSea, albeit they had several versions, but looking at the IWC track record, they do pretty damn well with the accuracy of IWC reps. Movements are always a let down at times, but hey they are reps not gens.

Thanks for looking.

IWC really is setting the benchmark, they are some beautiful releases! The only one I don't like is the non-chrono Aquatimer, it looks a bit cheap to me.

That's what I thought at first, too. Still I am going to wait for a wristy to make up my mind. It might look gorgeous in person.

I really like the Deep2, by the way. :D

That's what I thought at first, too. Still I am going to wait for a wristy to make up my mind. It might look gorgeous in person.

I really like the Deep2, by the way. :D

It's often the way with watches isn't it! Like the new UN, I wasn't impressed until I saw some wristies of it and it looked completely different! :)

img_frischausdemlabor_large.jpg

:wub: :wub: :wub:

I agree...that blue/black one is fantastic!!

img_bigingeneuer_large.jpg

And the Big Ingy Chrono is gorgeous. It will be a complete failure in Rep form...so to the AD we must go!! The Rep will have the troublesome secs @ 6 and that beautiful croc strap will be substituted by a cheap nylon "kevlar" look piece of junk.

Those ATs are awesome - can't wait to see which ones they go for. Big vote for the Deep Two to go with my DSSD, and the all black Galapagos is very slick! Standard black face 2000 AT looks clean and simple and with a decent simple movement could be tempting too.

Oh dear - looking expensive already!!