When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

tag heuer carrera CV2014

razvanbar

This is one of the watches I most like.

Looking at the web site http://www.tagheuer.com/the-collection/car...w=CV2014.BA0786 i have found some strange things:the fixed bezel has wrong inside markings: the 60 mark is actually around 56...

nevertheless, the website says it is 100m water resistant but it's just 50 (according to the product card)...

Does anyone know what happened to the website in this case? is the gen looking this "wrong" or is there any reason to put the 60 inside marking in the wrong position???

10x

Also... ths would be a great moment to tell you about my new Tag...

I have bought it from another forum member (slask111). It took about a month to get to me due to bad postal services, around 30 phone calls both from me and from the sender to the postal offices and plenty of headaches but... in the end it looks great.

Now i'm looking at it and at the one in the Tag Heuer's website and I'm laughing my heart out... why would anyone need the 60 mark at 57...???

I didn't have the time to see pros and cons but... it looks great.

Thanks slask111 for helping and please put some pics of your Pam:)

post-18745-1232307262.gif

post-18745-1232307299_thumb.jpg

post-18745-1232307318_thumb.jpg

post-18745-1232307334_thumb.jpg

post-18745-1232307345_thumb.jpg

Edited by razvanbar

Woho thats a nice looking watch ;)

Wear it well my friend, its a spot on rep. Be sure to find The Zigmeister and his amazing AR work, the Carrera really stands out with double AR. As i mentioned to you earlier.. it never stops ;D

*edit* spelling like a *****

Edited by slask111

Woho thats a nice looking watch ;)

Wear it well my friend, its a spot on rep. Be sure to find The Zigmeister and his amazing AR work, the Carrera really stands out with double AR. As i mentioned to you earlier.. it never stops ;D

*edit* spelling like a *****

I think the gen doesn't have AR as well ?

Gen doesn't have AR...

did you get 2AR on the Link Slask?

I'm not sure i'll get this one ARed... It wouldn't look as gen as it does...

Still.. the 60 mark is still bugging me? Did TH make the mistake of putting the 60 marking wrong???

CV2014.BA0786.jpg

Normally this wouldn't happen on a 3000$ watch...

Yet, on their site, i have found another mistake... the 50 versus 100m waterproof...

Maybe they are not paying that much attention to details:):):)

Nope, TH didn't make the mistake of putting the 60 in the wrong place. The internal bevel can be moved with one of the chrono buttons. I have the same watch, I can't see the pic but I know the model you are talking about.

Nope, TH didn't make the mistake of putting the 60 in the wrong place. The internal bevel can be moved with one of the chrono buttons. I have the same watch, I can't see the pic but I know the model you are talking about.

Well... give us more details...

that sounds interesting but I think most things are the same as the other Tag Heuer Carrera cronographs... and the others don't even have numerals on the bevel.

Is this one so different? I saw TH promotes the BradPitt one more...

@digitalnrg: wow... black and red on the strap also... that sounds even better than TH did it...

No i never got the Link AR coated. I did send it to Jakub for AR and DW swap but that didnt work out well as you may know. I was one of the lucky who got their stuff back, no modding had been done though. But i havent given up on the idea yet ;)

The gen Link dosent have AR either, but i dont care. The dial really pops with good AR.

cheers

Gen doesn't have AR...

did you get 2AR on the Link Slask?

I'm not sure i'll get this one ARed... It wouldn't look as gen as it does...

Still.. the 60 mark is still bugging me? Did TH make the mistake of putting the 60 marking wrong???

CV2014.BA0786.jpg

Normally this wouldn't happen on a 3000$ watch...

Yet, on their site, i have found another mistake... the 50 versus 100m waterproof...

Maybe they are not paying that much attention to details:):):)

This is all the description I could find about it... nothing about moving internal bevel...

TAG Heuer Caliber 16 automatic chronograph movement. Black, silver, blue or brown dial with 3 counters (hours at 6 o'clock, small seconds at 9 o'clock, minutes at 12 o'clock). Date at 3 o'clock. Circled counters at 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock. Luminescent diamond-set hands to facilitate legibility. Hand-applied indexes. Monochrome TAG Heuer logo (appliquéd logo on the gold-steel version). CARRERA inscription. Steel bracelet with 5 rows of alternating finishes (central link in 18K gold on the gold-steel version). Also available with black perforated or brown rubber or calfskin strap.Case: 41 mm in polished steel. Case back with a scratch-resistant sapphire crystal glass. Fixed bezel with tachymetre (bezel with 18K solid gold circle on the gold-steel version). Water-resistant to 50 meters. Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal. Fluted crown for easier handling. Identical to the original model. Solid folding clasp with safety pushbuttons.

Mine has NO AR at all and I think it's going to stay that way:)... it looks ARed due to the good lighting in the room and the point of camera flash.

It would not look like the gen with the AR done... yet it would look even better with AR:).

Strap looks great... where did you buy it from? how much did it cost?

I got myself from Slask who bought it from joshua.

I didn't see the little shorter 9 o'clock marking but maybe i didn't look right.

• 2 weeks later...

Where did you get that idea :o ? I've held gen in my hands few times, and definitely haven't notices any rotating bevels ? This picture has been discussed many times here, they probably just did something wrong in Photoshop, when composing this picture.

regards

• 2 weeks later...
This is one of the watches I most like.

Looking at the web site http://www.tagheuer.com/the-collection/car...w=CV2014.BA0786 i have found some strange things:the fixed bezel has wrong inside markings: the 60 mark is actually around 56...

nevertheless, the website says it is 100m water resistant but it's just 50 (according to the product card)...

Does anyone know what happened to the website in this case? is the gen looking this "wrong" or is there any reason to put the 60 inside marking in the wrong position???

10x

CV2014.FT6014 model which is 100mm water resistant (not represented on the TH web site).

• 2 weeks later...

Two points:

The bezel on this model can not be rotated. Let's put that to rest.

Second point is, it is getting pointless to compare reps to gens using photos from the manufacturer websites as many INTENTIONALLY create flaws on their own photos to throw off rep makers who reproduce watches from photos. It is not uncommon for them to add wrong numbers or adjust colors for the website to throw the factories off.

• 3 months later...
Mine has NO AR at all and I think it's going to stay that way:)... it looks ARed due to the good lighting in the room and the point of camera flash.

It would not look like the gen with the AR done... yet it would look even better with AR:).

Strap looks great... where did you buy it from? how much did it cost?

I got myself from Slask who bought it from joshua.

I didn't see the little shorter 9 o'clock marking but maybe i didn't look right.

this is a beautiful watch, and i am looking to purchase a similar one

when you say joshua is this the same one?

http://www.jpc8118.com/tg10051-carrera-rac...bph-p-2519.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

This carrera has been in my radar for I long time and I am finally going to pull the trigger in a week or two. I have heard that the rep is very good and that the quality overall is quite good aswell, is that true?